Feedback on Energy eXL 25's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrianO, Jan 9, 2002.

1. BrianO

BrianO Auditioning

I want to upgrade my front speakers and am considering Energy eXL 25's. I currently have eXL 16's as my fronts, an eXL C in center, and eXL 8 sub, and Take 2's in the rear. I plan to move my 16's to the rear when (if) I get the 25's.

My problem is that I have not been able to audition the 25's.....so, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Jeff_Hunt

Jeff_Hunt Stunt Coordinator

I like the e:XL-25's alot! They have a much better soundstage than the 16's. My setup was very similar to yours, only I had e:XL-R's on Surround L+R. I've noticed that the 25's compliment the subwoofer better. Sound quality is the same, but the presence they have is really amazing. I think moving the 16's to the rear will make a huge difference for you (it was for me), it may be a bigger difference than putting the 25's up front. I also play music with my system, and I usually listen to music in plain ol' stereo, and the 25's make a big difference there, much nicer.

I found the 25's on sale pretty cheap, I think they're being discontinued or something. Look for deals.