Feedback on Auction: JVC AV36F803 36-Inch Flat 2-Tuner Flat Screen TV- HELP!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jason.T, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Jason.T

Jason.T Auditioning

Oct 9, 2003
    [​IMG] My original post just got erased because I entered URLs.. anyways, this is my first post and I'm looking for feedback on the JVC AV36F803 36-Inch Flat 2-Tuner Flat Screen Television. As you know, being new to this message forum, I'm also pretty new to the home theater scene, and so I am going to begin my home theater setup with the most basic essential- the TV. I am interested in the JVC AV36F803 36-Inch Flat 2-Tuner Flat Screen TV, but would like feedback on a particular eBay auction for this.

I just found out that you can not post URLs on this board (and had my whole original post erased [​IMG]). So the item number on ebay is 3052828505 and the title of the auction is: "JVC AV36F803 36-Inch Flat 2-Tuner PIP."

My question is, do you guys find anything wrong with this particular auction? It is definitely a lot cheaper than it is in the stores. Would you recommend me going through and getting it off of ebay? The reason is that my other friends strongly recommend against buying TVs from ebay and simply pay more (a lot more) just to get it from a store.

But yeah it is tempting to buy a 36" Flat Screen TV for under $500, when other sites on the internet all sell this particular model in the low $1,000 range. BUT I live within driving distance of the seller, so the shipping costs would necessary in my case.

So guys, would you recommend against me getting this 36" JVC Flat Screen tv off and be safe with it and get it from the stores? OR would you recommend I take a chance and get a 36" Flat Screen tv for a lot cheaper?

Any feedback or input would be greatly appreciated! [​IMG] Thanks a lot for taking the time to read my first post.
  2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Mar 16, 2000
    Michael Chen

Ultimately, you will get what you paid for. Warranty support? Shipping?

Have to weigh it all.