What's new

Feedback Destroyer...or something else (1 Viewer)

Blaine_M

Second Unit
I was thinking of getting a Behringer Feedback Destroyer to use as a paramentric EQ for my sub. Are there any performance drawbacks of using something like this instead of say, the onix R-Des, or the Velodyne SMS-1?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Unless you go used, the R-Des has been discontinued for almost a year. The SMS is much more expensive, but quite effective and simple to use, however, the BFD will give you most of what the SMS does at nearly 1/3 the price including cables/adapters and an SPL meter. Drawback might be that it is much larger and just a little bit more manual than the SMS. Have you run a curve to see what your room response looks like? I was going to get a BFD too, but after I ran my curve, I don't have any issues that I felt were going to be dramatically improved. If you have big dips, you may not want an EQ. If you have peaks, an EQ is a bit more useful. One benefit of the BFD is, it can be used for any speaker, not just subs (it was not designed for subs actually).

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
The sound quality of the BFD is not that great for higher frequency speakers though. For subs at low frequencies, it is fine.

Blaine_M

Second Unit
John, I was glad to see you responded. When I had my PB-10 I had a fairly large spike, I can't remember where it was though. Since then I've added the bass traps and switched to the PB-12NSD/v and I have not had a chance to chart the curve, but from what I've listened to I think the peak is very similar to what it was before. There was also a small dip, but I figured I can't do much about dips if it is still there. Oh, and I'd only use it on my sub anyway, the AV/3's seem to be very flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks