1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Fed Ex question...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Aug 21, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Do Fed Ex trucks try twice in the same day to deliver a package? I was going to wake up at 7, since I didn't know what time the trucks usually come around down here. Wake up at 8:30, and my sleep deprived brain thinks it hears the departation of a Fed Ex Truck...
    Hopefully they noticed the truck, and gatherd the conclusion I was probably still asleep. With any luck, they'll come back, because I don't want to wait any longer to try out my first DVD R Drive, wich we FINALLY orderd yesterday.. [​IMG]

2. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

Last time I missed a FedEx delivery, they left a card for me to sign and came back the next day. If you can't find a delivery notice on your door, I'd say that they weren't there yet. You might try leaving a note on the front door to the effect that you waive the signature requirement. I think that allows them to drop off the package without getting you to sign for it.

3. Ben Menix

Ben Menix Stunt Coordinator

They almost always leave a note, stating the date and time of the delivery attempt, and a date and time for a second attempt. Around here, they *never* make a second attempt on the same day, unless you know your FedEx delivery person and can track him down elsewhere.
    But, like I said, if there isn't a note, it probably wasn't FedEx.
    Ben Menix
    [email protected]

4. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Fed Ex guy just drove by a minute ago, so I've definetly confirmed that it was the truck I heard starting up earlier, but I don't see any note floating on or around the door. Maby I got lucky this time around and there's still a chance it'll be delivered later in the day [​IMG].

5. Ben Menix

Ben Menix Stunt Coordinator

Quite possible. For several months, a neighbor down the street received his packages in the morning, while we usually received ours in the early afternoon. Not sure why.
    Ben Menix
    [email protected]

6. Bill_D

Bill_D Supporting Actor

They have several levels of service (Priority, Standard, Ground .....) and they are usually handled by different drivers. I always miss my deliveries and simply go to the FedEx station listed on the "We missed you ticket" to pick it up personally. In my area, you can pick up packages after 5PM.

7. Dave_Brown

Dave_Brown Supporting Actor

Do you have the shipping number? Get on the web site and see if your package has been picked up by FedEx yet and when it is slated for delivery.

8. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Re: Tracking
    yep, we did get a number from the cmopany, that stated we could track it either from ups.com or fedex.com. Yet, both sites state that it's an invalid number [​IMG].

9. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Maybe it was Airborne Express. Call the company you ordered from and ask them what overnight service they use. I've never known FedEx to attempt a second delivery in one day. Like someone else mentioned, I usually just go pick it up at the local station if I've missed the driver. The bad part (at least in the suburbs) is that the driver generally doesn't return to the station with his undelivered packages until late afternoon.

10. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

This gets weirder and weirder, but at least I got my package [​IMG].
    The only place the site mentions UPS, is in the confirmation email that I got, stating that I could track it via ups or fed exs site. However, I sit down for lunch 5 minutes ago, and here comes the UPS guy with my package.
    Oh well, at least I got it [​IMG]. Now I'm going to eat lucnh, and ride my bike a few miles before I get to hyper in trying to create my first DVD disc [​IMG].

11. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

12. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    I used to be a courier for Fedex and the number of attempts to deliver a package depends on the type of service. If it's a first overnight (due by 8:00a) or a priority overnight (due by 10:30a) then the package is supposed to be recycled with the standard overnight freight and attempted a second time the same day. Anything lower than a FO or a PO package is unlikely to get a reattempt.