What's new

Fear the Walking Dead (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I thought the finale was well done.

It's interesting seeing Travis changing to fit the reality of the new world. He tried to do the humane thing by letting the soldier go, and that decision almost killed Ofelia. I think there was a lot of guilt coming out through his fists as he beat him nearly to death.

Also, he's gone from not being able to put down a walker he didn't know (the girl) to putting down his ex-wife even before she died and turned. He's definitely had a significant change in perspective.

Strand is quite an interesting charcter. Looks like they'll be trying for mobility on the boat. It'll be safe from walkers but difficult to get food and water.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Sean Bryan said:
Strand is quite an interesting charcter.
Am I the only one who was expecting that guy to be a serial killer or a vampire? :) Maybe not that extreme but the character is written and the actor is playing it so secretive and mysterious that he's coming off as really sinister.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
TravisR said:
Am I the only one who was expecting that guy to be a serial killer or a vampire? :) Maybe not that extreme but the character is written and the actor is playing it so secretive and mysterious that he's coming off as really sinister.

With his deep voice and calm demeanor, he struck me from the start as Lucifer in human form. He seems a little softened up now, but he's up to something.

Anyway, I think it would be feasible to weaken one of the chains on one of the doors and situate yourself away from the arena and then lead the dead once they began pouring out of the door. (At least that is how I justified it in my mind. :) )

He got a lot of people killed just to find out his wife is dead.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the season finale. Our protagonists are finally starting to see the big picture. Their travels will be interesting in the upcoming seasons.

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
When they panned the camera out to the water at the very end - I was expecting to see thousands of bodies (walkers) kinda floating, writhing and just being around the boat..coming into the beach with the tide.

That would have been a cool scene.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I was annoyed the family didn't close the gate behind them when they left the Safe Zone. They drive past a family, happy and obliviously having dinner, then leave the gate open sentencing them to death by Infected.

I didn't enjoy the first season. I think six episodes was too short and they should have stretched it out a couple more so we could see the downfall of civilization rather than that 9 day time jump.

The boat thing will be interesting. It's been done, of course, in the Dawn of the Dead remake, and in the book Day by Day Armageddon : Beyond Exile. The latter detailed challenges in having to dock the boat in a safe place, scavenge for food and fuel, then try to make it back to the boat safely. And then, while zombies can't swim, they can't drown either...

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Strand is an interesting a character. He almost reminds me of the what the governor might have been like before the apocalypse.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
todd s said:
Strand is an interesting a character. He almost reminds me of the what the governor might have been like before the apocalypse.

Didn't they show what the governor was like before the apocalypse and he was a pathetic loser?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
TravisR said:
Strand seems like someone who was already taking advantage of weakness, recognizing opportunities, executing power moves to get what he wants, etc... before the world went to Hell. Seems like he'll be particularly well suited for the dog-eat-dog, survival of the ruthless environment that the world is becoming.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
todd s said:

The governor was actively immoral, though, to a degree that worked against him and his schemes. Strand seems perfectly amoral; he'll do whatever he needs to do to survive, without any considerations of morality good or bad. He saved Nick because it helped him survive. He left the other detainees locked up because it didn't help them and it would have slowed them down. He helped our crew because the group provided the best odds of making it out of there alive. If the moral play is the smart play, he'll make it. If the immoral play is the smart play, he'll make it.

That quality makes him simultaneously more interesting and more dangerous than the governor, whose vengeful streak led him to self-destruct.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
LOVED the finale. Definitely liking more than a few of the posters here, despite the occasional holes in the story.

RE: Strand

I seem to recall hearing that there was a "connection" between this series and TWD. I am trying to recall if any character in TWD had a connection to Las Vegas as Strand made a vieled reference to being there. Yes, he's secretive and I'm wondering if this is to keep the connection less obvious.

Did anyone else think that Maddy was the one that shot Liza? Given that it was never shown on-screen I suppose it IS a possibility but a friend thinks that.

Very much looking forward to season two!

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Michael Henry said:
When they panned the camera out to the water at the very end - I was expecting to see thousands of bodies (walkers) kinda floating, writhing and just being around the boat..coming into the beach with the tide.

That would have been a cool scene.
I would think in that scenario every shark off the west coast would be chowing down. :blink:

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
SilverWook said:
I would think in that scenario every shark off the west coast would be chowing down. :blink:

Not if they're zombie sharks! Would they be called "swimmers"?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks