What's new

Fear the Walking Dead Season 3 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
So people really think Travis is actually dead? I never thought that for a second. This show doesn't have the creativity or the ballz to allow that to happen.
I think Cliff Curtis was cast in the Avatar sequels so Travis' death probably came out of the producers deciding to let him out of his contract to do those movies. Plus, he was shot and fell out of a helicopter so that seems pretty dead.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
As someone who's not all that into the original, I can't even fathom that thought.

I think my biggest issue with 'Fear' is the Madison character. She is so unrealistic and ridiculous. I was so hoping Walker or Otto would take her out.

So people really think Travis is actually dead? I never thought that for a second. This show doesn't have the creativity or the ballz to allow that to happen.

I was all over the original the first two seasons and think they hold up well partly because of the novelty, but that show has been in bad guy upmanship recycle mode for the past few seasons

I'm enjoying Fear more, not just because we're dealing with new characters and agendas, but because they wisely knew there wasn't much more you can do with zombies after six seasons of the original, so just make that a background thing and keep it more about the agendas of the living. And I like the twist on Native Americans using the 'apocalypse' as an opportunity to finally triumph again.

Plus, Madison's character revealed as quite a badass (she makes a deal with psycho son Troy to sustain the ranch on a lie), is a bit into Breaking Bad territory (though, now we find out she shot her abusive alcoholic father, so it may just be the darkness within returning).

I also like that there's no 'big bad' like the original show which just tries to top itself each season with a crazier psycho bad man. The killing 'psycho' in this show is actually aligned with the 'good' team, subject to manipulation by Madison, and it's a richer narrative to watch him being kept in check (and wondering when he will go rogue again).

Just my thoughts. And Nick finally cut his ratty hair, so he's not the Daryl of this series anymore, thank god.

Ultimately, it just may be freshness of other characters who are still evolving. (And Ruben Blades is a fascinating one).

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I came into this season ready to drop the show, but the last three or four episodes really clicked into place. Walker is a great antagonist, because he's a better person than many of our protagonists. With Madison, the show is finally giving Kim Dickens material worthy of her talents. She's Machiavellian.

I agree. I feel that this season improved significantly over the past two. With the other seasons I constantly found myself frustrated and annoyed. I really didn't care if or when the third season started. But when I started watching this third season something just felt different and grabbed me much more that seansons 1&2. I really enjoyed this run of episodes this season. Now I'm actually looking forward to more of this story. Good turn around in my opinion.

Last edited:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I agree. I feel that this season improved significantly over the past two. With the other seasons I constantly found myself frustrated and annoyed. I really didn't care if or when the third season started. But when I started watching this third season something just felt different and grabbed me much more that seansons 1&2. I really enjoyed this run of episodes this season. Now I'm actually looking forward to more of this story. Good turn around in my opinion.
So typical, I dump it and then start hearing positive things. Is this season already over? The only thing listed is a June 4th episode repeating July 23rd.

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
I agree that this season has been a step up from the previous two and a vast improvement on the last season of the main show, although that was not a high bar to clear. It has an interesting conflict between the groups, but I would like to see some more walker action.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
It's baaaack. And eh, didn't miss it too much. It's lacking in story, or whatever story they're working on is not very interesting.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Also water should not be an issue, if it is, move. They now know there's no water. Why try to stay.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think there was a Breaking Bad reference when Madison and Walker went to the arena, you could hear the Heisenberg narcocorrido from a second season episode of BB.

EDIT: I watched Talking Dead last night and they confirmed that it was that song.

Last edited:

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Didn't watch both episodes, but watched the first one. I don't know...I might be out. That whole shootout scene with Troy and Nick was so contrived.

And how does Madison explain coming back without the other guy? Surely the natives won't be happy about that. I realize they may have covered this in the second episode so I may never know.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I don't think it was mentioned in the second episode but I assumed that the other guy was knocked out and not dead.
Oh okay I thought Troy stabbed him with that knife. Just another example of poor editing.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to give it another try. Can't stand the guy who plays "Nick", but we'll see how it goes. There doesn't seem to be any planning with the episodes, they just seem to make up a story every week.

On the 1-10 scale, this gets a one while "The Walking Dead" is a nine+. Can't wait until October when it returns.

Really wish they'd kill off Negan, but I guess he's an important part of the show now.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Also water should not be an issue, if it is, move. They now know there's no water. Why try to stay.
It seems like the entire colony was designed for living off the grid, so there might be other infrastructure that makes staying attractive.

It also seems like the drought is widespread throughout the area, so it would likely take a great migration through territory filled with hostile threats to find another water source. Most of these people haven't been off the compound since the world ended, so they don't have an experience dealing with the undead.

I know Madison is fond of Troy, but letting him live was one of the more colossally stupid decisions in a show that has had plenty of colossally stupid decisions. I can see why she needed to set up the exile premise, since the Ottos' followers would have revolted if he'd been executed. But as soon as she got him out into the desert away from spying eyes, she should have put a bullet between his eyes and buried the body where no one would ever find it. You don't want a sociopath with an axe to grind as a dangling thread.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I think Cliff Curtis was cast in the Avatar sequels so Travis' death probably came out of the producers deciding to let him out of his contract to do those movies. Plus, he was shot and fell out of a helicopter so that seems pretty dead.

Well that finishes the Avatar franchise for me. Certain actors just seem out of place, I've never cared for him.

Sam Worthington is great, but add in Cliff Curtis? Doesn't work. Cameron usually chooses his cast really well, but this one is a mistake.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
He was shot several times and fell out of a helicopter...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I felt like tonight's episode was the first one that approached the caliber of the decent episodes of the mothership.

This universe shows us a lot of the worst of what humanity is capable of, but sometimes I think it doesn't show us enough of the best of what humanity is capable of. The sequence where the people who had been bitten stepped forward to sacrifice themselves to conserve oxygen for the rest really stood out to me because of that.

And just an incredible performance from Alycia Debnam-Carey. I think this is the first Alicia-centric episode we've had, and man did she make the most of it. I wouldn't be at all upset if she just kept driving to Alexandria, and then they canceled this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks