What's new

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
timothy-e has published a new article.

Fear The Walking Dead Season 1 Blu-ray Review

Fear-The-Walking-Dead-F-150x150.jpg

Fear The Walking Dead debuts its special edition Season 1 Blu-ray set to coincide with the upcoming season 2 premiere on April 10, 2016. This...
Continue reading the original article.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the review, Timothy! Interesting that this is framed at 1.85:1; being made for TV, I would have thought that it'd be framed at 1.77:1, not that there's a huge difference between the two.

The difference between the broadcast and Blu-Ray picture quality for the mothership is startling, since the heavier compression on AMC doesn't handle the heavy grain of 16mm film very well. With this one being digital from beginning to end, I wouldn't have thought the jump would have been as appreciable for "Fear the Walking Dead".

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Adam, you are right that there is little difference between 1.77:1 and 1.85:1 for aspect ratio, but I have corrected the review to reflect accurately that it is actually 1.78:1. I am still having growing pains adjusting to the new admin software for entering reviews, and I overlooked this.

I watched these episodes originally on HD broadcast, and the video quality was certainly fine then, but I really noticed a jump in video quality on these discs with much finer grain structure and fine detail that I know was not perceptible on broadcast.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks