What's new

"FEAR NO EVIL" Universal/NBC TV 1969. (1 Viewer)

Richard Ekstedt

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard
42380574_2151379825181974_5790971131808710656_o.jpg
In 2010, I posted at this site, it appeared that the original materials to the Universal telefilm, "Fear No Evil" (broadcast March 3, 1969) were missing. Happily to report, this is not so! At the time, I was researching for the book I eventually wrote-"The Rakashi File: Fear No Evil" (BearManor media) and requested a search be made of the vaults at Universal on the condition of the materials as the film wasn't broadcast since the early 90's. Universal got back to me and said no film was listed in their vault. The late film historian, Philip J. Riley (a friend) checked this out and did a search also. Same result. Eventually, filmmaker Gary Gerani ("Pumpkinhead" "Trading Paint") said he found the materials and, out of pocket, restored the sequel, "Ritual Of Evil", while researching for his documentary on composer William Goldenberg. At this time, I have been trying to get at least one dvd company to get the Rights for a restored Bluray for both films...

Grinnygog

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin D. F. Highnight
View attachment 60421 In 2010, I posted at this site, it appeared that the original materials to the Universal telefilm, "Fear No Evil" (broadcast March 3, 1969) were missing. Happily to report, this is not so! At the time, I was researching for the book I eventually wrote-"The Rakashi File: Fear No Evil" (BearManor media) and requested a search be made of the vaults at Universal on the condition of the materials as the film wasn't broadcast since the early 90's. Universal got back to me and said no film was listed in their vault. The late film historian, Philip J. Riley (a friend) checked this out and did a search also. Same result. Eventually, filmmaker Gary Gerani ("Pumpkinhead" "Trading Paint") said he found the materials and, out of pocket, restored the sequel, "Ritual Of Evil", while researching for his documentary on composer William Goldenberg. At this time, I have been trying to get at least one dvd company to get the Rights for a restored Bluray for both films...

So happy to hear that it exists and can be restored! I think a double Blu-ray set would be awesome! I'm sure you've contacted Shout, Twilight Time, Kino, and Olive? They have really been doing a great job of getting rarities restored in HD. Please keep us updated on the progress and let us know if there is anything we can do - letter writing, petitioning, etc.

Richard Ekstedt

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard
So happy to hear that it exists and can be restored! I think a double Blu-ray set would be awesome! I'm sure you've contacted Shout, Twilight Time, Kino, and Olive? They have really been doing a great job of getting rarities restored in HD. Please keep us updated on the progress and let us know if there is anything we can do - letter writing, petitioning, etc.
Gary Gerani has and I was working with VCI. So far, Universal has said nothing there. I believe it will come out!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleyquinn
Recent bookmarks