Faxing from P.C. and Scanner: I SOOOO need help here!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scooter, Nov 28, 2002.

1. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    In my old PC I used Bitware that was supplied with the 'puter..but with XP it won't configure...even with the compatibility wizard. Now Windows does have faxing..but only seems to be a cover page kinda thing..unless I am missing something.

So if anyone knows how to use XP in and of itself to fax from a scan or any freeware/shareware that faxes in this fashion...PLEASE help!

Thanks in advance

2. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Supporting Actor

Last Friday I used XP's faxing capabilities for the very first time to receive faxes (not just cover pages). It worked beautifully.
    hope this helps:306663 How to Fax a Scanned Document or Image in Windows XP
    By the way, you have to enable and configure the Fax Service in order to send and receive faxes in XP.

3. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

The XP option for faxing sounds interesting. I haven't tried it, yet. However, WinFax in my experience has been a great application.

I'm surprised Bitware didn't work for you under XP. I've been able to run with Bitware under my XP installation. However, some of the limitations frustrated me, so I switched over to WinFax. But, since the built-in features for faxing under XP exist, you might want to try it first - because it's free.