What's new

Favourite Star Wars scene from existing 4 episodes (1 Viewer)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I might be biased since I just watched ESB this weekend, and I am playing the #&%* out of Rogue Leader, but...
The Luke/Vader battle at the end of ESB, from "The force is with you, young Skywalker..." through Luke letting go (I'd say through falling, but THAT scream).
Yoda and R2 fighting on Dagobah...it's a long way from the head of the Jedi Council to hitting R2 with a cane screaming "Mine, mine..."
From ROTJ...
The Space Battle and the chase THROUGH the second DS
And because, based on his posts, Scott W. is my evil (or is that good...) clone from far away, Darth saving his son.
And to top it off, Greedo shooting first in ANH. I don't care what you fools say. I hated this series until 1997. When Han shot poor Greedo in SW, I judged him evil and cruel, and could not stand his "heroics" throughout the rest of the films. It even tainted the Indiana Jones movies (sniff, sniff). But all was put right in 1997 when George showed Han to be more sensitive and caring. So that's my ALL-TIME FAVORITE SCENE!!
Except for when Anakin flys the Naboo starfighter and quotes Shakespeare :D
Take care,
Chuck

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Tough to choose just one scene, but I always love the scene in ROTJ where Vader tosses the Emperor to his death saving Luke's life.

I have a feeling that scene will be even more special after we get to see Episode III.

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Quotes:
Episode 1:
Duel of the fates, you just can't get much better than that.
Episode 2:
Anakin: I'm a Jedi
Watto: A Jedi, what do you know?
from the Mystery trailer!
Episode 4:
Battle of Yavin. Best space fight ever.
Quote: Leia: Would somebody get this walking carpet out of my way! (That was A New Hope, right?)
Episode 5:
Scene: Battle of Hoth!!!
Quote: Yoda: Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things.
Episode 6:
Vader: The Emperor has been expecting you.
Luke: I know father.
Vader: So, you have accepted the truth
Luke: I've accepted the truth that you were once Anakin Skywalker, my father.
Vader: That name no longer has any meaning for me.
Luke: It is the name of your true self. You;ve only forgoten. I know there is good in you, the Emperor hasn't driven it from you fully. That was why you couldn't destroy me. That's why you wouldn't bring me to your Emperor now.
Vader: I see you have constructed a new lightsaber.
I love how Vader changes the subject, as he knows Luke is right! It makes me laugh every time I hear that.
Chapter 11:
Dark Helmet: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?
Colonel Sandurz: You're looking at now, sir. Everything that happens now is happening now.
Dark Helmet: What hapened to then?
Colonel Sandurz: We passed then.
Dark Helmet: When?
Colonel Sandurz: Just now. We're at now now.
Dark Helmet: Go back to then.
Colonel Sandurz: When?
Dark Helmet: Now!
Colonel Sandurz: Now?
Dark Helmet: Now!
Colonel Sandurz: I can't.
Dark Helmet: Why?
Colonel Sandurz: We missed it.
Dark Helmet: When?
Colonel Sandurz: Just now.
Dark Helmet: When will then be now?
Colonel Sandurz: Soon.

Jason Boucher

Stunt Coordinator
A New Hope--when Luke stands on the horizon gazing into the dual sunset. The John Williams score swells and I am moved every time, knowing the future Luke is going to embark upon. It represents everything Star Wars is about to me.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Episode 1
Duel of the Fates - no contest
Episode 2
"Someday I will become the most powerful Jedi ever" (until the film comes out anyway)
Episode 3
I already know it is going to be when Vader walks on for the first time (if it happens, which I sincerely hope it does)
Episode 4
Greedo shoots first :D
Luke and Leia trapped at the bridge in the Death Star, with that music
Episode 5
The Lightsabre Duel (i wish every lightsabre duel in every one of the films was longer)
Episode 6
My favourite scene of the whole series, and one which I agree will become far more powerful as we see the new films, is the scene where Luke loses control and lays into Vader. The whole of this scene is absolutely perfect, from the music, the cinematography, the effects (though I do still notice the shadow the LIGHTsabres show on the floor), and sends a shiver down my spine every time I see it.

Jeff_P

Stunt Coordinator
My favorite scene is the final battle in ROTJ. That lightsaber duel is great.

In a close second is the Duel Of The Fates. The lightsaber duel is fast and furious at times. When Obi-Wan charges at Dath Maul that fighting was incredible.

Jeff_P

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks