What's new

Favourite online DVD Retailer ??? (1 Viewer)

Derek Baker

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanting people's feedback on various DVD online retailers.
I personally like DVD Empire but their FedEx charges are quite high (i'm an international customer).
Any other good sites to check out ???

Michael Dueppen

Stunt Coordinator
I get all my R1 discs from dv-depot.com
I love the Flexi-Cart system. They have DHL shipping for $9,99 (7 discs). It usually takes 2-4 days for me. And they have great service. They helped me with every single problem I've had in a very professional manner.
I can only recommend them.
------------------
- Michael
My DVD collection

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
Personally I prefer www.absound.ca
I don't know how the situation is in Australia, but I have to ship DVD's one by one to avoid VAT in Norway, taking this into consideration, absound is the cheapest. They also use excellent packaging, cardboard which protects the case very good. Their website isn't the best though.
Second best in my book is www.thunderdvd.com
Their website is better than absounds, and their prices are very competitive.
------------------
"You're 10 seconds away from the most embarrassing moment of your life!"
Click here to admit you want to see Ford Fairlane on DVD!
DVD List Link Removed

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I rarely order online anymore, but there are two e-tailers I found to be really good: dvdempire.com and deepdiscountdvd.com
------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace
AIM: Aureus91 / DVDs / ICQ: 58566493

mark_d

Second Unit
If Play247 don't have it (I guess they're no good for you) my second port of call is usually absound. Nice prices and reasonable delivery charges.
I like the packaging that DVD Empire uses but it was getting a little expensive.
Mark

Mike Myers

Auditioning
For pre-orders: http://www.dvdempire.com) and the free shipping is great (it seems to be very slow to some locations, but not here).
Both retailers are absolutely top notch - there's no reason for me to shop anywhere else.
If Amazon's price drops below DDD's because of STL and coupons I still shop there occasionally. But I try to stay away from them whenever possible.
------------------

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Reel.com but since they kicked the bucket, no one.
orangeman
------------------
Link Removed
15354t.jpg

------------------
My Favourite Movie

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
DeepDiscountDVD gets virtually all of my on-line business. Best prices? No doubt. Delivery time? No concerns since I live in the midwest. Customer service and response time to inquiries? EXCELLENT!
------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)?

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
DeepdiscountDVD is the best by far. Excellent customer service!!!. This is the company that I recommend to all my friends & family, even if their prices are a little higher on certain titles.
To give an example, I am having a problem getting my packages due to the WTC incident (no mailman delivery yet as I can't get back into the building which is right across from the WTC). I have lost 2 packages sent by DeepDiscount and they immediatly sent replacements to my friends address for me. EXCELLENT!!!
I still order from DVD Empire, but their customer service has really gone downhill. The way they are handling my one lost package (again due to the WTC incident)shows a complete
lack of concern or care. I've also gotten a sarcastic & surly attitude the last 2 times I called. It really makes me want to stop using them, even if their prices are good.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Jason
I don't see the humor
confused.gif

please explain.
[Edited last by Jay E on October 04, 2001 at 08:03 AM]

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I, too, am making fewer online purchases. But when I do, I still find DVD Empire more to my liking. I also like 800.com.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks