What's new

Favourite frozen dinners? (1 Viewer)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
So, what are your favourite frozen dinners?

My absolute favourites are Stouffer's line of Oven Roast Sensations and Skillet Sensations meals. I'm particularly fond of the Roasted Garlic Chicken. Only takes 12 minutes to prepare with the microwave - great taste.

Rather pricey though, at $7 CDN per 2 serving package.

Any other favourites out there?

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Marie Callendar's and Lean Cuisine. Boston Market dinners are good, too, but rather pricey. But, damn, they have good mashed potatoes. I also like SOME of the Healthy Choice entrees, especially the Chicken Parmesan and the Barbecued Beef Ribs.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I like Marie Callendar's Chicken Pot Pies (no other flavors, no other brands!) I also like Maple Farms Chicken Cordon Bleu. Stouffer's French Bread Pizzas are pretty good too.

I used to love Budget Gourmet's Linguini with Clams with Bay Shrimp, but the last one I bought was very skimpy with the sauce & shrimp.

I used to love Swanson's Fried Chicken with Mashed Potatoes, but since switching to paper plates (from foil) I don't think they taste as good.

I used to love Larry's Poor Boy's, but I can't find them anymore.

i used to love Tony's Pepperoni & Sausage, and Canadian bacon Pizzas before they changed the crust (back in the early 80's) but Tombstone's thin crust pizza is pretty close.

About 30 years ago Swanson made a great spagetti with meat sauce (served in a pot pie pan) that was superb.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Boston Market dinners are good, too, but rather pricey. But, damn, they have good mashed potatoes.
I used to love these, but they no longer carry them down here. :frowning:

I like some of the Uncle Ben's rice bowls. The Cajun Chicken & Sausage is my favorite.

Todd K

Second Unit
I buy Stouffers and Lean Cuisine almost exclusively. And, usually only when they're on sale at $2.50 or below. I've been trying their new Southwest Selections most recently. There's one with Chicken, rice, and a corn/chile medley that's very good -- probably the best quality meat I've ever had in a frozen dinner.

They still make Budget Gourmet? I used to suck the aforementioned linguine with bay shrimp down like candy.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Hmm I hope they sell Stouffer's lasagna around here. I do know that the local Costco carries one or two items of Marie Callendar's. I'll have to double check.

There were also some Aussie-style chicken-like pies that I didn't mind too much.

StephenK

Stunt Coordinator
I'll go low-brow, the hungry man, "boneless" rib patties. they almost take the place of Mickey D's McRib, god I miss those things....

Devin U

Second Unit
I think the frozen Marie Callender's ae better than the resturant. I like those, boston Market Creamed Spinich, and especially King's Hawain bowls.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I love the lasagna. But I wouldn't really call it a frozen dinner. Frozen dinners to me are the ones that cost 7 dollars and you get about as much food that would keep a squirrel alive.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I love hot pockets, the BBQ ones in particular.
I keep marie calendar's speghetti and a few others on hand, I like those.

I also love those larry's twice baked potatoes.

Parker

Agent
and is it just me, or are the frozen California Pizza Kitchen and Wolfgang Puck pizzas better than at the restaurant?

Joe S

Second Unit
I'll say Stouffer's Lasagna since I discovered it recently. Makes a great quick meal if I'm not too interested in cooking something else.

For a snack- Lean Cuisine Three Bean Chili - goes great as a dip with tortilla chips and beer, BUT, I haven't been able to find it for a few months! Hope they didn't discontinue it. Has anyone seen it lately? I think the supermarkets make some moronic decisions about what to carry around here.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
without question, marie calendars are awesome. however...have you ever checked out the nutrition facts on those?

eat more then on a week and your heart will explode....

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I gave up on most frozen dinners a couple of years ago, after actually looking at the nutritional content of them, man, they are bad, bad, bad. :)

I still eat the Healthy Choice and Lean Cuisine ones, and other "low cal" ones if they're on sale. They're still pretty high in sodium, but moderate to low on most other things.

My favorite BY FAR is the Lean Cuisine Chicken Carbonara... mmm.... it is better than pretty much everything else I've had, including the ones loaded with fat and calories. :)

Oddly enough, most stores don't seem to carry that particular one!

Hot Pockets are great too. :)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
What is a Hot Pocket again? Memory...lagging...

I'm not too concerned with nutrition, being a skinny guy and all. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks