What's new

Favorites and other stuff (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I am aware that vBulletin does not have a favorites feature. It is something that I am going to have to write as it is not inclusive with the software.

I do have the ability to set those forums that you want to see for you though so at this time if you want to have your favorites set just send me an email with those areas that you only want to see and I will set this for you.

The other thing to do for everyone is to take the time to visit the Rules/Faq pages. It will go over a lot of the new features on this board. In addition take the time to go to the control panel and set your Options and Profile.

Parker

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I'm finding that the user control panel for subscribed forums is a suitable substitute for favorites, but I have a couple of questions.

Is there a way to make that page my default when I log on?

Can I reorder the forums on that page?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for everything Parker! I won't send you an email because I don't want to swamp you with work. I'll just wait until you have the scripts for favorites ready, take your time.
You and Ron and Travis have done a great job in this second transition (and the first). With the new server, it seems like this VB is going to fly! :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
George:

Sorry, but I that isn't possible as the script is written now and the order is alphabetical instead of by number.

Carlo:

Thanks. It is Ron, myself and a gentleman by the name of Travis Burnside (the owner of QWK.net) that has made the script on this server possible. It is the membership of this forum that has made it possible for us to build a new computer so that we can run this software in he first place.

Parker

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
If you guys want to just have certain forums show up on the main page let me know via email which ones you want turned on or off and I can set this up for you. Right now it is only an admin feature but I am working on getting it a user controlled feature.

Parker

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Under my Internet Explorer favorites, I have an HTF folder.
Inside that folder are direct links to software, movies, polls, etc.
If you do it that way, you don't need to scan through the front page.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
How is this thread staying at the top regardless of its page? Can we all do this or do moderators have the power. It confused me a coupla times when I came in here. ;)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Is there a way to tell if a thread is sticky? Besides just noticing that it tends to always be at the top of the page?

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
On some boards sticky threads have a unique icon, but is seems that they have disabled that on this board. I do think it would be good to be able to tell, but if they don't like it, it doesn't bother me.

By the way, my forums are now up, at mugglenetforums.com

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Brian:

If we make them more noticeable people complain about that. So if you see a thread still up at the top when you come back around later you will know it is a stuck thread.

Parker

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Parker,

I was suggesting they be more noticeable in order to make it easier to bypass them. As KeithH mentioned in another thread, after a while it gets annoying to continually look at the sticky threads. If they were more distinct it would be easier to scan past them. Or maybe a line could be inserted between the sticky threads and the regular threads.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks