What's new

Favorite YouTube Video (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that's a whole other level past what the directors do in the local TV news studio (where I worked for about a year after college).

While the calls are impressive, the whole production crew has to be a highly tuned machine for it all to come off properly. The director can make all the calls she wants, but if the rest of the crew isn't prepared and responsive to her direction, it's not going to work either.

It's all about prep work, Cameron. The technical side needs to be an active participant in the dress rehearsals. That clip demonstrates that each shot--in numerical sequence--that she calls out is already methodically pre-planned (in terms of composition and camera). Then they can be quickly punched into the switcher (by the guy on the far right side of the screen). One thing goes wrong (let's say a camera op falls down) and then she'd be left to recover or keep moving on. Crazy...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I left the TV station before I got time on the switcher (which I had mixed feelings about, because I found it kind of intimidating). If I had stayed longer, I would have had a turn in the director seat, but I'm horrible at thinking on my feet, so if something went wrong no doubt I would have frozen up and not known how to proceed.

I'm dipping my toes into Final Cut's multicam editing features, which I'm finding a little confusing, and that's just with two sources!

Stan

Senior HTF Member

Got a private pilots license years ago, long since expired, but landing in windy conditions can be scary. A little single engine Cessna is one thing, but these are big airliners. Some of the pilots don't even try, they just go around, the conditions are so bad.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I don't have a specific favorite, but one I've really enjoyed is this 15-minute blooper reel of WLWT Channel 5 (NBC station in Cincinnati) from 1983 and 1984; it's incredibly funny, but there's a liberal amount of bad language therein.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I don't understand. Is that an amateur "comedy" "show" on YouTube? A strange ad for a smalltime toy store?

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
I don't understand. Is that an amateur "comedy" "show" on YouTube? A strange ad for a smalltime toy store?

It has to be some kind of spoof, but I don't know. The guy does have other collectible toys videos.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It has to be some kind of spoof, but I don't know. The guy does have other collectible toys videos.
It was obviously staged. I didn't grasp if it's supposed to a show, or if they expect their audience to believe that was real (which seems unpossible)?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks