What's new

Favorite YouTube Video (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
A little back story. I gave it -- that actual can -- as a white elephant gift several years ago and it eventually got back to me (and sat in my pantry for awhile). At the original party, the host's in-laws later came over and one of them remarked, "Oh, I use that all the time on camping trips!"

So the product actually gets used by...someone.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Lately, I have been hooked on these "Remember" videos, each one highlighting a different year.

Example, here is one for 1989...

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
This one's quite memorable for its raw, unedited outpouring in front of a C-SPAN camera:

(How do you post it so that it embeds?)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You just paste the URL text in the editor and click "Post."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dtbr6az2as&feature=youtu.be

It's THAT easy.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Due to an intense professional interest, I am obsessed with this video of the technical director calling camera shots during the Greased Lightning performance during Fox's recent live broadcast of Grease.

No matter what level of understanding you might have about television production (from "none" to "it's what I do for a career") you will be amazed:

Here is the description that accompanies the video:

Carrie Havel

A lot of people have asked what it means to be the Associate Director on a show like Grease Live. Here's a peek behind the curtain. Every shot in the show was designed and scripted by our director Alex Rudzinski. My job was to execute that plan. You hear me calling shot numbers and camera moves carefully coordinated with the music. My head stays in the script and Alex, to my right, keeps an eye on cameras to adjust framing and pacing. #GreaseLive

Last edited:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah, that's a whole other level past what the directors do in the local TV news studio (where I worked for about a year after college).

While the calls are impressive, the whole production crew has to be a highly tuned machine for it all to come off properly. The director can make all the calls she wants, but if the rest of the crew isn't prepared and responsive to her direction, it's not going to work either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks