What's new

Favorite Sports Talk Programming (1 Viewer)

Ernie Estrella

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ernie
Ok, For Sports fans with Sirius, you've probably discovered how good the Sportstalk has been. I'm a huge fan of the NFL Network. Just wanted to know what shows some of you have stumbled upon.

I can finally listen to Mike & Mike on ESPN here in Ann Arbor, Michigan which has never had them.

I like Adam Shine and John Riggins on the Afternoon Drive, The show in late morning with Shannon Sharpe's pretty funny too.

I can't wait for the Draft talk to start. The Barber Shop with Tiki and Ronde's pretty cool.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Draft coverage on NFL Radio is ungodly good. The coverage of the combines, camps, etc. Genious. You get it straight as it happens; I remember listening to players try out, here them talk to the mike and get their numbers, and then flip over to ESPN later to here the "brief rundown" but there was nothing like listening to the scouts talk about how combines went ;)

Chris_T

Stunt Coordinator
Right with you Tim. I'm a big Dan Patrick fan. Especially the 2PM (EST) hour where he is joined by Keith Olbermann.

Chris

Ernie Estrella

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ernie
Awesome. I usually go to a sports bar for the draft. I might have to stay home and stay huddled to the radio. I don't have cable.

What do you guys think about their other sports coverage? I've only listened to Kenny Smith once or twice for NBA talk. Anyone hear the Phil Jackson show yet?

Blu

Screenwriter
I LOVE the Adam Schein and John Riggins show!

Those guys just have so much love and passion for the sport!

Ernie Estrella

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ernie
Schein has the best NFL Talk voice. Like a meat grinder.

So Blu, Since this is my first full year of Sirius, does he do any of the draft coverage on draf weekend?

Brent T

Second Unit
I loved Shein and Riggins till I found out Adam is only 28 years old and spends his days talking about the NFL !!! Nahhh I am not toooo jealous... I now hate that s.o.b. :)

My favorite sports shows:

#1 - Sharpe and T-Rock (Movin the Chains)
#2 - T-Rock and Kerwin (Red Zone or Movin the Chains)
#3 - Shein and Riggo
#4 - The Adam Caplan fantasy football show on Friday nights
#5 - Dan Patrick

Blu

Screenwriter
Honestly I don't know about the draft coverage that they have. I picked up my receiver only a couple of weeks after the draft so I just missed out on it! GGRRR!!!!

You can bet that I will be listening this year though!!!!

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I disagree. The fact that Sirius only has one of the 3 major Sports Talk Networks (ESPN Radio, Fox Sports Radio, and Sporting News Radio) while XM carries all 3, is very annoying.

Blu

Screenwriter
I believe that Sirius could improve by adding Fox and Sporting News as well.

Sirius easily leads in sports coverage over XM however there IS room for improvement. Satellite radio is about choices and the more that are offered the better!

With that said, I don't know that Sirius could improve their NFL coverage! It is about the best you could ask for!

Ernie Estrella

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ernie
I think the NBA deserves at least an in-season channel. The Kenny Smith show is.. okay. I'd like a Charles Barkley show.

As far as Fox Sports, hmm, well, I could do without it. I'm not a fan of any of Fox's people.

I'd like to see Mel Kiper with a show on NFL Radio but he's pretty tied into ESPN's website and his Saturday ESPN RAdio show.

I'd love to see Jim Rome go to Sirius or be accessible for both XM and Sirius like Mike and Mike in the Morning. He's the only reason I even use regular radio.

I'd like to see them cover match by match play for the 4 major Tennis tourneys... c'mon. Sharapova grunting over the airwaves?!!?!!!

Blu

Screenwriter
So far the NFL channel has been so amazing after the combines in Indy!

I can't wait for the draft coverage to really get going. They are going into it now some with all kinds of "What if" scenarios but the closer draft day is....well I'm all tingly inside!!!!

Ernie Estrella

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ernie
I just have to say to anyone who is hog wild into this crazy CBA/NFL Free Agency/Pre-Draft talk should tune into Moving the Chains on Sirius 124. 11-3pm Weekdays.

Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwin (Former NY Giants' Exec) have been killing it for the last two weeks. Kirwin especially has provided great insight in what it takes to wisely make deals, managing team money, freeing cap space, handling free agents, scouting rookies and developing a team.

Great, great NFL Talk.

Blu

Screenwriter
Indeed they have been nailing it from EVERY angle!!!!
Great stuff if you are an NFL fan!!!!

Devin U

Second Unit

Unfortunatly, the only way you would be able to hear Rome on Sirius is if he went exclusive with them. Premier, his syndicator, is part of CC. XM could possibly broadcast his show because of their agreement with CC, but Rome going exclusive to one of the sat. providers is possible, based on his talk lately about his Premier contract.

Ernie Estrella

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ernie
Devin,

I didn't know that. The evil hands of CC is everywhere. That's one of the major reasons I didn't buy XM or even invest in them. I just couldn't stand giving more money to that company.

I love listening to Rome, but with Moving the Chains on Sirius 124, it fills that slot where I would normally listen to Rome. Is ESPN Radio a CC entity too? I like how they give both XM and Sirius their shows. I wrote in to Romey's show to make a plea for Sirius. If I like it enough, I gotta let it be known he'd be welcomed here. If any of you like Rome too, write a short email to him just to say, "Hey when your contract's up, consider Sirius."

[email protected]

dailW

Stunt Coordinator
as someone who lives in the northwest i like listing to the herd. he had a great show here in portland before moving to bristol. espn is owned by disney not clear channel. i like rome from time to time but he is on at an odd time out here in the west 9 am til noon and i like to listen to dan patrick live at 10 am. i ve had sirius since last summer and keep forgetting to listen to kenny smith what channel is he on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks