What's new

Favorite production company logo? (1 Viewer)

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
I actually have two 16mm prints of "The Honeymooners" with that particular Viacom logo! That's one of them, of course. It's an Eastman dupe print dated 1976. The second one is 'The Loudspeaker;' it's printed on 3M stock and is dated 1971. It's funny, from what I've heard, prints of "The Honeymooners" with Viacom's V logo are actually more common, but I've never been able to find a print with that logo yet. Yet somehow, I manage to find two prints with Viacom's very first logo, which are extremely rare.
That first Viacom logo can be seen at the end of some later My Three Sons episodes currently seen on MeTV (in color).

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
QM Productions, especially from the bottom of each outing of The Streets of San Francisco (from CBS condensed all-in-one)

First go (IAW Warner Bros., 1972-73)

qmproductionstreets1.jpg

Second go (rest of the series, 1973-77):

qmproductionstreets2.jpg

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin

Has anybody ever seen this rare version of the Paramount Television logo? This came from a training film produced by Paramount for the U.S. Savings Bonds division in 1973, titled The All-Star Spangled Mission. In this 15-minute film, Sandy Duncan and Tom Bosley (the latter soon to appear on Happy Days) reach out to the stars of many of Paramount's popular shows of the time including Mission: Impossible, Mannix, The Brady Bunch, The Odd Couple and, of course, The Sandy Duncan Show.

The logo itself is just the Paramount mountain logo, without any explicit mention of Paramount Television.

I wonder if this logo ever appeared elsewhere, such as on 16mm prints of some episodes of The Lucy Show (1962-68)?

~Ben

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The logo itself is just the Paramount mountain logo, without any explicit mention of Paramount Television.

And believe it or not, the closing theme quickly gave way to the early Color ID jingle (the quicker version as heard w/the red/blue Split Box [later slowed down for the Blue Mtn. in myriad musical variations]); not to leave out that the mountain and box zoomed in as the Color ID jingle played.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Bumping this up: this YouTube upload of a first-season episode of The Bronx Zoo (1987-88 [March '87 to June '88] NBC school series w/Ed Asner, Kathleen Beller, et al.) has the closing credits (end logo of Paramount is their Viacom Mtn. of Monotony instead of the Blue Mtn. of the time, owing to it being on TV Land), but on the Paramount copyright card, there is a spelling error-- "Corporation" is misspelled (with two Ps). I don't think I ever noticed that until now.

paramountbronxzooseason1copyrightblooper.jpg

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
–––––––––––––––––––––
I always enjoyed the famous Desilu logo:​
see The Untouchables, Star Trek, Mission: Impossible.​

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
–––––––––––––––––––––
I always enjoyed the famous Desilu logo:​
see The Untouchables, Star Trek, Mission: Impossible.​

On the 1966-67 season and the early part of the 1967-68 season, in reruns, there should also be a copyright card for Paramount with their then-contemporary copyright notice (the one you'd see on Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley and Mork & Mindy, among others), as attached below (but would be on a solid black background)...
20191216-01.jpg

... since this would help us identify who really owns these Desilu shows. Then it would go to the 1979 Blue Mountain logo...
20190722-01.jpg

~Ben

Last edited:

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Find another one that I always associate with The Outer Limits: United Artists Television.​

danielanderson4500

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
daniel

"(name of show) is a Reg Grundy production!" set to a delightful jazz fanfare.

This spiel was used on most 1983 and all 1984-89 episodes of $ale of the Century, Scrabble (no fanfare on the 1993 revival), Time Machine and Bruce Forsyth's Hot Streak, among others. On early 1983 episodes of $ale, the fanfare and spiel were the same but the logo visual was different in that it was not CGI and panned out to the center of the screen (the "REG GRUNDY PRODUCTION" text was also in a different font).

These immortal words were spoken by Jay Stewart (mostly), Don Morrow, or Charlie Tuna. On 1984-87 episodes of $ale of the Century, before the logo appeared, Stewart would also announce, "All prices are manufacturers' suggested retail value, and are correct at the time of recording. This is Jay Stewart speaking." On the 1985-86 syndicated run, Stewart also added "$ale of the Century stars Jim Perry."

~Ben

I cant remember how many times i heard Jay Stewart say(at least on USA Network reruns, or on some of the eps of SOTC i've got off Youtube) "All prices are manufacturers' suggested retail value, and are correct at the time of recording. This is Jay Stewart speaking."

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Here's another one of my favorites: the Barry and Enright logo, especially as seen on Tic Tac Dough w/Wink Martindale (usually accompanied by the late Jay Stewart saying, "(The New) Tic Tac Dough is a Jack Barry and Dan Enright Production."

Here are some examples, two of the old style (one from the first CBS show, and one from an early syndie show), and one of a newer style (from a 1981 syndie show):

barryenrightttd1.jpg

barryenrightttd2.jpg

barryenrightttd3.jpg

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
While everyone knows the "Swirling Star" logo was Hanna-Barbera's most famous closing logo, let's take some time to remember a few of their less-fondly-remembered logos.

Exhibit 1: "Zooming H-B" (1967-1974)

(as seen on Wacky Races; The Adventures of Gulliver; The Banana Splits Adventure Hour; Cattanooga Cats; Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?; Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines; The Perils of Penelope Pitstop; The Harlem Globetrotters; Josie and the Pussycats/In Outer Space; The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show/The Flintstone Comedy Hour; The New Scooby-Doo Movies; and more)

Exhibit 2: "Rainbow H-B" (large, 1974-1978)

(as seen on Hong Kong Phooey; Devlin; These Are the Days; Valley of the Dinosaurs; Partridge Family: 2200 A.D.; Wheelie and the Chopper Bunch; The (New) Tom & Jerry/Grape Ape Show; Clue Club; The Mumbly Cartoon Show; Jabberjaw; The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour and The All-New Super Friends Hour; and the specials A Flintstone Christmas and Little Big League)

Exhibit 3: "Rainbow H-B" (small, 1977-1980)

(as seen on Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics/Scooby's All-Stars; CB Bears; Skatebirds/The Three Robonic Stooges; Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? II; Challenge of the Super Friends; Yogi's Space Race; The Godzilla Power Hour/Super 90; Galaxy Goof-Ups; Buford and the Galloping Ghost; The New Fred and Barney Show and Jana of the Jungle; and the specials Legends of the Super Heroes; Popeye's Valentine Special; Scooby Goes Hollywood; The Harlem Globetrotters Meet Snow White and The Flintstones Meet Rockula and Frankenstone)

What is available on DVD but sorely begging for restoration to 1080p is the bylineless version of Exhibit 3 that was seen on Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics; CB Bears and Skatebirds/The Three Robonic Stooges:

Legends of the Super Heroes is so far the only DVD to have the videotaped version of the above logo... but the version without the byline might have been used on the 1978 special, Hanna-Barbera All-Star Comedy Ice Revue.

~Ben

Last edited:

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
I cant remember how many times i heard Jay Stewart say(at least on USA Network reruns, or on some of the eps of SOTC i've got off Youtube) "All prices are manufacturers' suggested retail value, and are correct at the time of recording. This is Jay Stewart speaking."
On the late 1985 and up episodes, both on NBC and syndicated, Jay (Don Morrow for 1988-89) also adds "Sale of the Century stars Jim Perry."

~Ben

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Who could forget this from Jack Webb's shows?

I remember the longer form from Dragnet; my favorite version, however, is the shorter form from shows like Emergency!, where the hammer only struck once, and then the logo was done (followed by a shorter Universal logo [like this example from 1975])...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks