What's new

favorite places to buy gear (1 Viewer)

Mark Bates

Agent
I am going to be buying a reciever, probably the Onkyo 898, and a VCR, probably the JVC 7900 soon. Where are your favorite places to buy this type of equipment and why? I am not against buying online.
Any advice, such as make sure to ask for a lower price or don't bother they won't come down in price or ask for free shipping etc.. would be appreciated.
Also how would I go about asking, example should I say my friend got it there for this price etc...?
Thanks,
Mark

Rob Robinson

Second Unit
I've recieved both a DVD player and an HD ready 16x9 RPTV from onecall.com I was inititially sketched out by the prospect of buying something has large and delicate as an RPTV online, but everything has been great in my dealings with them thus far.

Matt Everett

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a Velodyne CT-100 Subwoofer from Link Removed The price was really good, and the sub arrived safely via FedEx three days after I ordered. My only suggestion is to look at their return policy. It's not very flexible, so you need to be sure you want something before you order.
I've also had good experiences with Hi-Fi Buys/Tweeter in the past. The price isn't always the best, but the employees seem to know their stuff better than Circuit City and certainly Best Buy. Also, they carry a good mix of affordable and audiophile equipment.
------------------

Jeffrey_Jones

Second Unit
I just purchased my Onkyo 898 from J&R (http://www.jandr.com) online. They are an authorized Onkyo dealer and provided me with excellent service and the best price in town. I'm sure they carry the JVC VCR as well and they will probably give you a package price. Ask for Todd at ext. 1039. He's a good guy and will work with you.
Good Luck,
Jeff

J

John Morris

Yup, both of those places.
OneCall via phone, or JR anyway possible or a few more shops depending on what you are buying.
------------------
Take Care,
merc
----------------
Link Removed
God Bless America!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks