What's new

Favorite Paramount Film Moment Thread (1 Viewer)

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
"The Hunt for Red October"

When the captain of the submarine (Sean Connery) meets the political officer in his quarters with the subtitles interpreting the Russian dialog, and the camera moves up close to the politcal officer's mouth, and then the speech changes from Russian to English, therefore
no need of subtitles from thence on.

link: www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/124304/hunt-for-red-october

Brandon_D

Stunt Coordinator
White Christmas(1954)

The scene where Bing Crosby sings "Count your Blessings" to Rosemary Clooney is one of my all time favorite holiday film moments!

The film just recieved a great new Special Edition DVD last year, filled with great extras!!

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Edit is it that the MOMENT has to not have been said before or the film has to be unmentioned:

Good question Sam. I have clarified in my first post. The moment has to be unique, the film doesn't. It was to keep people from going "me too!"

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
The Godfather

The scene/sequence with Marlon Brando in the funeral home.

There are so many in this great movie but I didn't fully appreciate the above until I became a parent and just further emphasized the powerhouse performance by Marlon Brando.

Regards

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
SABRINAThe first moment that Bogart's character (Linus Larrabee) shows that he his falling for Sabrina:

Linus Larrabee: [slow dancing with Sabrina] How do you say in French my sister has a yellow pencil?
Sabrina Fairchild: Ma soeur a un crayon jaune.
Linus Larrabee: How do you say my brother has a lovely girl?
Sabrina Fairchild: Mon frère a une gentille petite amie.
Linus Larrabee: And how do you say I wish I were my brother?

Here's a review of the Centennial edition of Sabrina
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/278259/htf-dvd-review-sabrina-1954-centennial-collection

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Once Upon A Time In The West

waiting for the Flagstone Train, Woody Strode, Jack Elam, and Al Mulock, don't utter a single word, 10 minuets of silence from all three that speaks volumes waiting on Harmonica to show at the train station, just the sounds of the surroundings, the water hitting on top of the hat, the fly buzzing, the sound of cracking knuckles, ending with the sound of the arriving train

c8d2793509a019c0fa0d1110.L.jpg

reviews,
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/150590/htf-review-once-upon-a-time-in-the-west-very-highly-recommended

no wiki, but this deserves to be on blu and be right

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
From Sunset Boulevard:

Joe Gillis: There's nothing tragic about being fifty. Not unless you're trying to be twenty-five.

Link to the movie - http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/278128/htf-dvd-review-sunset-boulevard-centennial-collection

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
---EDIT---
The Duellists is apparently no longer available from paramount, and therefore not eligible. I withdraw my favorite moment from this film.

snudley

Auditioning
Real Name
Timothy Walsworth
Well, I gotta tell 'ya, the satisfying beginning of The Godfather is hard to beat. The dark shadows and mood were what I had hoped for with the restoration.

This film was probably at the top of my list for hi-def home theater.

JoeBond

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joseph Myers
[COLOR= rgb(255, 102, 0)]Once Upon a Time in the West[/COLOR]
The duel between Charles Bronson and Henry Fonda with a wonderful piece of music bringing this scene to a whole different level. Great direction by Leone as well in what is his masterpiece.

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
Breakfast At Tiffany's:

Holly slips into "Fred's" apartment via the window to avoid a "client," because it reminds me of the carefree single days living in an apartment in the city. (Not that people did or even could slip into my window, but I usually left my door unlocked, and they would waltz right in).

Hey! The last DVD looks pretty good. How about a BD, Paramount?

Thanks,
Doug

RUrahrah

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim Almoney
Every hilarious moment of Mickey Rooney's portrayal of upstairs neighbor Mr. Yunioshi, screaming at Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) for repeatedly disturbing his bath, sleep and peace of mind in Breakfast at Tiffany's. She rings his doorbell to open street-level door everytime she comes in (never has her key), has a noisy overflow crowd for an open house party, etc. A great film overall, with Mr. Yunioshi the icing on the cake.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks