What's new

Favorite online PC shop (1 Viewer)

Kieran Coghlan

Second Unit
Just curious... what's your favorite online store to buy PC parts (video cards, cd-drives, motherboards, memory, etc., etc....)?

Mine is www.newegg.com however, I've started to notice that they don't always have a good price on stuff. They often don't have the BEST price, but very competetive usually, and with their excellent web site, service and reliability, I almost never shop anywhere else. I've tried shoping at places that advertise on pricewatch, but have gotten burned too many times.

So... any other "great" places to shop, that you trust and have had 100% good experiences with? I buy computer parts a LOT, and would love to have a couple other sites to comparison shop, which I trust to come through.

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I usually just stick with newegg, simply because of their return policies. they are really good about service and they will take back anything, though there is a fee for returning non-defective items (which is fine by me).

funny part is though, I don't really buy much from newegg at all, newegg tends not to carry what I'm looking for. since I already own a computer I tend to shop for more enthusiast stuff that newegg doesn't cater to.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I don't really have a favorite other then pricewatch. One store I have used a few times though is FTI Computers. I've never had a problem with any orders from them and the prices have been good to excellent.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I have had good luck with both Newegg and MWave. I actually live about 30 miles away from MWave's warehouse so when I'm ordering big from them I usually drive to pick up the items (though this obviously is not possible for most of the U.S. customers).

Googlegear also gets good word of mouth from people I know who build PCs.

Kieran Coghlan

Second Unit
I've tried shoping at places that advertise on pricewatch, but have gotten burned too many times.
In my experience, 9 times out of 10 when I go with a site on pricewatch other than newegg (or mwave, which I've used but forgot about) I've had a bad experience... either the item is said to be in stock, but it's not, so the order gets cancelled or delayed... Or the web site doesn't work right, or isn't secure, or their tech/sales suppt is minimal to nonexistant, or any number of other things.

Also, when buying or building an entire system, you can save a lot on shipping by ordering from one shop rather than buying a piece here and a piece there. Newegg has VERY reasonable shipping rates, and the more you buy the cheaper it gets. When I'm shopping for just one item, I'll look around, but I've never found a site that I feel I trust as much as newegg. I'm sure they are out there, though, which is why I posted here.

Kieran Coghlan

Second Unit
funny part is though, I don't really buy much from newegg at all, newegg tends not to carry what I'm looking for. since I already own a computer I tend to shop for more enthusiast stuff that newegg doesn't cater to.
Really? Enthusiast stuff like what? I've always found that newegg has a great selection... Just curious.

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
newegg is pretty slim when it comes to watercooling gear, lighting kits, and computer mod equipment. they do however seem to keep a great stock of air-cooling gear, but they tend to be pricier than the competition for it, which is why i went with SVCompucycle for my slk-800.

used to do a lot of my shopping at case etc. before the kid sold it to directron to free up his time while in college. case etc was great since you could buy hardware by the bags and all sors of piping. made some great rounded IDE cables with some spiral wrap I bought there.

i still like newegg, I just never seem to be in the market for stuff I can buy there.

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
Thompsons Computer Warehouse www.tcwo.com have had exellent service from them, plus with every shipment they send u a roll of lifesavers, may not seem like much but it is an extra touch, unfortunately they dont carry corsair memory so I will have to order my new 865 intel board and memory from monarch computer.

Fred Grambs

Auditioning
I use NewEgg and Googlegear mostly. When I'm buying components to build a system, I usually buy some parts from both. I'll buy from whoever has free shipping on the items I want otherwise their prices are comparable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks