What's new

Favorite Movie Love Themes (1 Viewer)

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
know several of us on the forum are fans of film scores. There have been several great composers throughout the years and I thought it time to give tribute to some of their great LOVE THEMES.

So which are some of your favorite LOVE THEMES??

Here's some on my list:

SPARTACUS- simply yet so poignant
THE GODFATER
DOCTOR ZHIVAGO
OUT OF AFRICA (Karen's Theme)
TITANIC (The Heart does go on)
VERTIGO
PRINCE OF TIDES- definitely James Newton Howard's finest score
DANCES WITH WOLVES
ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE( We Have All The Time In The World)- Can you tell I like John Barry...
LEGENDS OF THE FALL (Twilight and Mist)

Who are some of yours???

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Arthusa by John Barry from King Kong ('76)

also the reprise of the love theme from Superman that is played over the end credits after the main theme/fanfare ends.
i remember the first time i heard this in the theater, it was maybe the 3rd or 4th time i had seen the movie, but the first time i had stayed for all the credits and it really struck me- so lovely, so delicate- and it wasn't on the films soundtrack which i was well on my way to wearing out by that time.

Fred Bang

Stunt Coordinator
My favorite love theme ever is Han And Leia from the Empire Strikes Back. Too bad there's no "theme" track for this song, but only a couple a bits here and there across the soundtrack.

Another good one is Luke and Leia... Though not really a 'love' theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks