Favorite "meatless" products?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SteveGon, Nov 18, 2002.

1. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I'm not a vegetarian, but I do try to cut back on my consumption of real meat by trying various "meatless" products such as veggie burgers. You'll probably turn your nose up at the thought if you're a meat-lover, but some of these products turn out to be pretty good. I just tried Gardenburger's Meatless Riblets and I have to say that they are by far the best meatless meat I've tried so far. They're a bit pricey at about $3.80 a pack, but since you can make several sandwiches from them, I'd say it's a good buy. Check 'em out! [​IMG]

2. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

When I am at home, my parents always keep about 4 packs of Boca Burgers (soy product) in the freezer. They make a tasty substitute for a hamburger [​IMG]

3. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

sushi

4. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

Seriously Steve, I never consider meatless substitutes for meat products. When eating low or no-meat meals, I just go with the veggies all the way.

For example, this time of year a very good (and easy) meal is roasted vegetables. Maybe some squash, fennel, potatoes, and so on, cut up in large pieces, brushed with olive oil, placed in a roasting pan, in the oven and served hot. Very hearty and flavorful Add a glass of red wine and you will never miss meat.

Indian cooking is also an excellent way to eat vegetarian. At home, this may be a bit daunting at first, but until you gain confidence, a fine way to go low or no meat when dinning out.

5. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler
    hey a poll!

6. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

I was actually raised a vegetarian. I've tried MANY meat "substitutes". In hindsight, most of them were pretty bad. The Gardenburger and Boca burger brands are both quite good though.
    When I was about 19 or 20 I began eating meat, and I have never looked back. My favorite meal in the world is a perfectly seared Prime Rib! [​IMG]

7. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

I'm a lover of steak, burgers, ribs, and what not, but you gotta admit when a veggie burger tastes like Stove Top Stuffing, you just gotta approve.

8. Kristian

Kristian Supporting Actor

The Boca brand burgers/patties are my favorites. I particularly love their Spicy Chik'n patties. [​IMG]

9. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    Although I'm not a vegetarian (although considering it), the Boca brand bratwurst is pretty good.
    A nice salad is just as good, though. [​IMG]

10. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

I don't know why they call it Hamburger Helper, it does just fine on it's own!

11. Joe Bernardi

Joe Bernardi Supporting Actor

Joe Bernardi
    Cheese