What's new

Favorite "meatless" products? (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'm not a vegetarian, but I do try to cut back on my consumption of real meat by trying various "meatless" products such as veggie burgers. You'll probably turn your nose up at the thought if you're a meat-lover, but some of these products turn out to be pretty good. I just tried Gardenburger's Meatless Riblets and I have to say that they are by far the best meatless meat I've tried so far. They're a bit pricey at about $3.80 a pack, but since you can make several sandwiches from them, I'd say it's a good buy. Check 'em out! :)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
When I am at home, my parents always keep about 4 packs of Boca Burgers (soy product) in the freezer. They make a tasty substitute for a hamburger
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Seriously Steve, I never consider meatless substitutes for meat products. When eating low or no-meat meals, I just go with the veggies all the way.

For example, this time of year a very good (and easy) meal is roasted vegetables. Maybe some squash, fennel, potatoes, and so on, cut up in large pieces, brushed with olive oil, placed in a roasting pan, in the oven and served hot. Very hearty and flavorful Add a glass of red wine and you will never miss meat.

Indian cooking is also an excellent way to eat vegetarian. At home, this may be a bit daunting at first, but until you gain confidence, a fine way to go low or no meat when dinning out.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I was actually raised a vegetarian. I've tried MANY meat "substitutes". In hindsight, most of them were pretty bad. The Gardenburger and Boca burger brands are both quite good though.
When I was about 19 or 20 I began eating meat, and I have never looked back. My favorite meal in the world is a perfectly seared Prime Rib!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I'm a lover of steak, burgers, ribs, and what not, but you gotta admit when a veggie burger tastes like Stove Top Stuffing, you just gotta approve.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
The Boca brand burgers/patties are my favorites. I particularly love their Spicy Chik'n patties. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks