What's new

Favorite John Waters Film (1 Viewer)

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Easy... "Female Trouble". It's Waters' masterpiece and Divine's greatest tour-de-force. There's actually a great deal of thematic depth and true pathos, but all without undermining the trash/exploitation element.

Of his straight, mainstream films, I like "Hairspray". A good flick, but a pale reflection of the perverse glory of his earlier pictures.

David Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
I honestly can't pick a favorite. Polyester was the first Waters film I saw, so it holds a special place... The perversity of Desparate Living certainly appeals to me, though I wouldn't rank it was one of his best.

I have probably viewed Cecil Demented and Pecker more than any of his other works, and I love how they skewer the commercial film and art scenes respectively. Cecil has some of the best lines of his films:

"Power to the people who punish bad cinema."

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I like Desperate Living.

Probably because it was the first John Waters I saw.

Serial Mom would be a close second.

Hairspray never did much for me, but I do enjoy it.

John Waters is one of those guys whose films I enjoy, but you either get him or you don't.

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
Has anyone heard about his new picture with Tracey Ullman? "A Dirty Shame",this picture will be NC-17.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I thought I would bump this thread for anybody who's online right now because if you go to Facebook right now, the Academy is livestreaming a 30th anniversary reunion panel for John Waters and the cast of Hairspray.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The Hairspray Q&A is now over but can still be played back on the Academy's Facebook page. It was a half hour long, preceding a screening of the film which is happening now at the Academy's theater, and was really fun and interesting to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks