Favorite horror movie characters

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SteveGon, Jan 2, 2002.

1. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Mine are:
    The Creature from the Black Lagoon
    The Tall Man (from the Phantasm movies - I love those brain-sucking spheres!)
    Nosferatu (both the Schreck and Kinski versions are damn creepy)
    I also like those flying brains from Fiend Without a Face - yuck!

2. Scott W.

Scott W. Second Unit

Michael Myers from Halloween.

Scott

3. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    Vampires, the female kind, are my favorites, been attacked many times recently.
    Cats, female, naked and looking a lot like Nastassia Kinski are also favorites, I can stroke them all day.[​IMG]
    Alien Species, the Natasha Henstridge maneater type are ok by me.[​IMG]
    Space Vampires of the Mathilda May variety are also welcome in my home.[​IMG]
    SIGNATURE PHOTO OF NAKED CAT PERSON REMOVED.

4. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

5. Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger Screenwriter

What about Debra Winger In Terms of Endearment ?

6. JohanK

JohanK Second Unit

Ash from Evil Dead movies.

7. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

Zombies
    Nosferatu
    Frankenstein's Monster
    The Creature From the Black Lagoon
    Martin from George Romero's Martin

8. Michael Caicedo

Michael Caicedo Second Unit

Michael Caicedo
    Hannibal Lecter.

9. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

Shirley MacLaine in Steel Magnolias.

10. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

Dracula (Christopher Lee).

11. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

Pin head

Ash

Butter Ball

Female "vagina throat" cenobite

Chatterbox

Xenomorph (in all of it's life cycles)

12. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I'll save my favorite for last, but the runner ups are...
    Fred Kruger. You'll notice I called him 'Fred' and not 'Freddy', I associate the name 'Freddy' to the exploited version of him, the one that got turned into a clown, given his own series, and put on the sides of lunchboxes. No, I call him 'Fred' because that is what he was called in the original, when he most definatly was no clown!
    Chucky (aka Charles Lee Ray). I just love the way the evil that lurks inside is juxtaposed with this cute three foot doll, with denim suspenders, bright red hair, and adorable little freckels. And contrary to what it says on his chest, he is NOT a 'Good Guy'!
    Jason Voorhees. The thing that helps me be terrified of him, is you have to strip away the glamour of this film series and just see him for what he is, a big, hulking, scary man, who wears a hocky mask, has a fondness for real sharp instruments, and a real bad attitude. The premise is simply scary. Being in the woods where a madman wants to kill you is very scary.
    The Tall Man. Angus Scrimm is sheer genius as the evil Tallman, who likes to steal corpses, and crush them down to make jawa looking slaves. In his spare time he likes dispatching people with some rather nasty christmas tree ornaments. "BOOOOOYY!"
    Ash. Ah yes, everyones favorite wise cracking, womanizing, S-Mart employee. He may be a little inept at times, but this hero for the everyman can kick deadite ass with the best of um! Do YOU want to argue with his Boomstick? "Groovy."
    The Blob (1988). Forget your dads blob, this is no slow rolling ball of silicon! This blob chases down it's victims, lashes out with tenticals, and erupts into rooms at lightning speed! Truly something to be feared.
    Zombies (from the George Romero trilogy). Nighmarish when encountered in large numbers only.
    Zombies (from the Return of the Living Dead). O.k. now were talkin! Simply walking right by these bastards will not save you this time, these zombes will RUN after your ass, and then tackle you to the ground like linebackers, and feast on you grey matter! And you can just forget about shooting them in the head, won't work my friend. It's one of those films that plays like some fevered nightmare you'd have one dark night, one where you'd wake up with your heart racing, and then drop to your knees and thank god it wasn't real!
    Alright, now for my all time favorite, the one that has given me quite a few sleepless night growing up...
    Micheal Myers (aka The Shape). I first saw this film when I was only 6! And the worst part is that it was on HBO, and we all know that HBO only shows R rated films at nght, so being only 6, I had to go right to bed afterwards...alone![​IMG]
    For most childrem, the word "Boogyman" conjures no real form in their minds, it's something abstract to them, they know that whatever it is, it's scary, but it has no form. Well, the boogyman for me growing up not only had a face, but a name as well, Micheal Myers. Every shape, shadow, and rustling sound in my darkened room as I lay their in my youth, was HIM! "He's in here with me mommy!! Letting my leg hang over the side of the bed was insane to me at the time for fear that he was under my bed...waiting.
    Perhaps it was wrong of my parents to allow me to watch it in the first place, but I turned out alright, and i'm now glad they did. This is why 'Halloween' means so much to me now. First it traumatized me, now it entertains me. And I still find him scary enough, but not like than, after all, how can I fear the guy who went on to direct 'Major Payne'!
    Whew! Ths post is longer than I thought it would be!

13. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    The Alien queen. "Get away from her YOU BITCH!!"