What's new

Favorite Gary Oldman film (1 Viewer)

Jason Co

Second Unit
I really enjoy almost any movie Gary Oldman is in. So far my favorite is the character he played in the Professional. Not many other actors have made me actually believe they are as psychotic as he did with that character. Anyone have any other suggestions of films in which Gary Oldman shines?

J

Jason Co

Second Unit

I may have to revisit this one. I have seen it once but I don't recall being too impressed by it. I do remember reading a thread where someone mentioned that Dracula's hairdo made it look like he had a butt on his head.
J

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
While Lena Olin's flashy performance gets the attention, I really like "Romeo is Bleeding".

DanielJE

Agent
I think Drexel did real good for the fact there was alot of good characters with small parts in the whole movie. (dennis hopper, chris walker, brad pitt and so on)

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
Check out "State of Grace" (1990), a really good mob flick. Ed Harris and Sean Penn round up the cast as well.

Gary Oldman is intense and charismatic in his role as he immerses in as a drinking Irishman role.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
He rocked in Fifth Element.

"Look at my fingers, four stones, four crates. Zero stones? Zero crates!"

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Chuck and Kevin have tagged my two favorites: Dracula and Beethoven.

The weird "butt on his head" hairstyle at the beginning in Dracula was not his idea, so I will forgive him for that. :D

He gave Dracula gravity, dignity and pathos absent in most other vampire films. In fact, IMHO, he comes second ONLY to Bela Lugosi as Dracula, and that is high praise indeed! :emoji_thumbsup:

Shortly after Dracula came out, it was announced that he was going to play Beethoven in Immortal Beloved. Was he actually saying this "tongue in cheek?" He said he was glad that he was finally going to make a movie where he didn't have to do something stupid with his hair, and his agent told him to read the script again.

Then again, it is hard to choose, since I have never seen "Gary Oldman" up on screen, I have seen only the characters he plays.

What is the secret the Brits have for producing so many great actors? Gary Oldman, Sean Bean, Anthony Hopkins... too many greats to list here!

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston

My theory...their love of theatre and stage acting. Most of the "greats" come from a theatre background where performing in front of a live discriminating audience night after night really forces one to be convincing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks