Favorite forums...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Artur Meinild, Sep 25, 2002.

1. Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild Screenwriter

I experience some slight problems with the Favorite forums feature.
    I would really like to customize the front page to only show selected forums, and currently I have chosen 4 forum "Categories" as my favorite: Home Theater, Entertainment and media, Other distractions & Feedback/Misc.
    The problem is when I say 'show only favorites' in the control panel, it *only* shows the categories, and does not expand each category with all it's sub-forums.
    You could say that I should add *every* forum within these to my favorite list, but wouldn't it be a lot smarter if you could only choose the categories, and then it would automatically expand it if no specific forums were chosen for the category?
    If it's a problem I will of course have to add each one individually, but I think this would be the smartest if it's possible, because you wouldn't need an empty category anyway, would you? [​IMG]

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Artur:

First set the Categories that you want this. Like Home Theater, Home Theater Hardware, etc. and save those. Then go to the individual categories that you just selected and select the sub categories under the main categories that you want to see. That way you can see both the categories you want to have listed and the subcategories under each of these categories.

Parker

3. Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild Screenwriter

Thanx Parker, that works fine now...