What's new

Favorite Firefox Themes (1 Viewer)

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Hi all. I wanted to get a list going of everyone's favorite firefox themes.

I just downloaded "walnut," "longknot," and "HD-carbonfiber." All three are pretty cool. I think I'll use walnut for a little while though.

So, what's your favorite firefox theme(s)?

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
I use Noia 2.0 eXtreme. :emoji_thumbsup:

In fact, the theme I use for Maxthon (a shell program for Internet Explorer 5.x or later) also uses the Noia theme, too. :)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Speaking of that, make sure your running firefox ver 1.0.1, I think it just came out. :emoji_thumbsup:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I just use the default installation. What do the themes give you, besides different colors and icons? Any different functionality?

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
My address bar
(the books, firefox, movie reel, and /. are all folders that open up)

Dave, all the themes I've ever downloaded have had nothing extra added to them, just a bunch of nice looking buttons. I use the default theme, but make my toolbars as small as I can make them without it bothering me. I downloaded the "Stop or Reload" & "Compact Menu" extensions to help me in my cause for compactness.

I don't know about the themes, but every single one of my extensions worked without me having to update them. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
Noia 2.0 works just fine with 1.0.1. In fact, I believe everything that was campatible with 1.0 will work with 1.0.1.

I've been using the Neptune theme for a while now, but my favorite is probably Sky Pilot Classic.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
What I'd really like to do is control my browser with my keyboard. Most notably, I'd like to be able to go back a page by hitting backspace. I can do this with other browsers, and it's become second nature. I haven't found any extensions that allow for this. Anyone know of any?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

Have you tried gestures? I think they are faster than even single button key commands, especially with simply going back.

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
Guo Xiong, you wrote:

Hence the reason why I use MySoft Technology's Maxthon shell program for Internet Explorer. It has everything that IE missed, like tabbed browsing, extensive ad blocking, and mouse gestures. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
Strange. I don't have that extention installed, but Firefox 1.01 does jump back using the backspace button for me.

The only navigation-related extension I have installed is mouse gestures.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks