What's new

Favorite DTS concert (1 Viewer)

Dean-P

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering what DTS concerts people like. I have only three dvds so far but am constantly looking...

Here are my favs:
1-Eagles-hell freezes over
2-BeeGees-one night only

3-Fleetwood Mac-the dance < this one is not as crisp/clear as the other ones...sounds dull like.:thumbsdown:

any other recommendations/favorites of people?

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Diana Krall Live in Paris
Fatboy Slim Live on Brighton Beach: Big Beach Boutique II
Queen: Live at Wembley Stadium

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
King Crimson Deja VROOOM is definitely my favorite. The Eric Clapton "Unplugged" DTS LaserDisc is pretty spectacular also.

Leo

Second Unit
I'll throw my vote in for Diana Krall Live in Paris and The Eagles Hell Freezes Over

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
The Alison Krause and Union Station Live DVD just showed in the mail today. Immediately moved into the top 5. The DTS soundtrack is not quite as good as the SACD, but then what is? Concert videos, what can you say? Dark, out of focus and grainy... Well not this one. It's about freakin perfect.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Concert videos, what can you say? Dark, out of focus and grainy... Well not this one. It's about freakin perfect.
Did you catch AKUS in HD on Soundstage last Thursday?

Awsome. Got tickets to see them in Santa Fe in August. A month later, Steely Dan (2nd freakin' row!!!!) in Albuquerque.

This is turning in to a good summer for live music.

Back to the subject at hand. Not to turn this into a DD vs. DTS discussion, but I did toggle back and forth on the Led Zep live DVD that came out recently.

To my ears, the DTS tracks seemed to have a bit wider soundstage, but the low end was somewhat more prominent in DD.

Methinks that the enhanced DD bass was purely an EQ issue, but the soundstage improvement was perhaps due to the higher bit rate of DTS? Nonetheless, it was pretty interesting.

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks