What's new

Favorite Christmas Episodes (1 Viewer)

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I too put off just a few Christmas episodes. I Love Lucy the new colorized version looks much better then the one they rolled out several years ago. Now I am on a quest to find the LIS Christmas mention in season 2.

For those that may have never seen it I reserve Voyage Christmas episode to the very last.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I may not watch either the 1946 or 1973 versions (The latter on "Homemade DVD") this year because Macys is forcing many store employees to miss their annual parade in order to work on Thanksgiving instead. :angry:

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
I just noticed last night that "Wanted Dead Or Alive" Season One has a Christmas episode called "8 Cent Reward". It was terrific. I've had the DVDs for about five years though, so I feel stupid and delighted at the same time. I suppose that's what Christmas is all about.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I just cannot give up the film which begins my Christmas movie list. Had no idea this happened with Macys. How about the constant every year commercial with Martha Stewart and Donald Trump plugging Macys

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I watched the first season GUNSMOKE episode, "Magnus", on Friday night --I'm very gradually viewing the series for the first time, in broadcast order-- not realizing it was a Christmas episode. What an unexpected treat! Guest star Robert Easton was great in it.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Started watching some Christmas films and shows today. Began with "Miracle on 34th Street" (always a tradition at our house on Thanksgiving or the day after) and the first Little House on the Prairie holiday episode, using the new "A Merry Ingalls Christmas" dvd that was recently released. It's great to see the full episode, looking fantastic!

Gary "tis the season" O.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I had to do my "Thanksgiving episodes" bit earlier in the week ("Daniel Boone" S2, "Bob Newhart Show" S3 and S4 and "Barney Miller" S4"). Now I must decide which ones to start with to make sure everything I want to see gets covered between now and December 25! :)

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Vic Pardo said:
A favorite Japanese Christmas episode:
Ah, Japan, where Christmas is "the most romantic holiday of the year", where couples traditionally cuddle up by the fire...
( :wacko: )

Which, of course, brings up the niche discussion of Best Japanese Anime Christmas episodes, of which other boards are more qualified to discuss.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am watching the very brady christmas special tonight. I have not seen the very brady christmas in over 20 years!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Watched the 2nd Little House on the Prairie Christmas episode included on the new dvd, A MERRY INGALLS CHRISTMAS, from Season 8 entitled "A Christmas They Never Forgot." Nice story and the picture is just fantastic on these new Lionsgate releases.

Gary "this year I have to make room for the 3 Make Room For Daddy Christmas episodes I now have in my collection - cut, but better than nothing" O.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
And I broke the ice today with the first Christmas or Christmas related episodes of this year. Decided to do Brit TV first so I began with "The Avengers" and the Diana Rigg episode "Too Many Christmas Trees" which has in the guest cast, Mervyn Johns who was Bob Cratchit in the 1951 Alastair Sim version of "A Christmas Carol" (and which also had Patrick Macnee as young Jacob Marley!). Then two different TV versions of the Sherlock Holmes story, "The Blue Carbuncle", first the 1968 Peter Cushing version and now the 80s Jeremy Brett version.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Watched several Ozzie & Harriet Christmas episodes tonight. This show, just about more than any other I know, puts me in such a good frame of mind. It's not only funny, but very gentle and relaxing. Just good old-fashioned easy going TV. Love it!!!

Gary "whenever I need a pick-me-up, this series does the job" O.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
LeoA said:
Did Lassie ever do one? Seems like it must've at some point.
Well, Lassie starred in the movie "The Painted Hills" and the did take place during Christmas for the first part of the movie.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
And now I'm watching the commercial release of the 1955 broadcast of "Amahl And The Night Visitors." My church is performing it this year so its also a little bit of research for me! Ironically, the boy who played Amahl in this production was later the music teacher for one of the section leaders in my church choir.

Real Name
Ron Albanese
I just love following this thread - I always learn about cool stuff ... an AFTER M*A*S*H* Christmas episode?!

If anyone has any more late'60s, '70s, and early '80's sitcoms, variety shows, etc. to add, PLEASE DO!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Since the stores that opened on Thanksgiving saw a drop in sales over last year I've decided to give the MO3S Movies the "Polar Express" Treatment and "let them slide", BUT I WILL PLACE THEM ON THE "CHECK TWICE" LIST for next year! :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks