What's new

Favorite Christmas Episodes (2 Viewers)

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Sounds like Gary has the same tin collection that I just got. It has the Red Skelton show where, as Freddy freeloader, he enacts that O. Henry story, which hit all the right spots for me. There was also a couple of episodes of 4 Star theatre; the Niven story, where he plays a boozer intellect who can answer any question, was OK. The Boyer story where he's a modern day Scrooge who slowly warms to the idea of forgiving his son (who is never seen but did something that really disappointed his father)... It had Ann Dvorak playing a skittish salvation alms collector - that one worked a little better.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I like to watch the Alistar Sim cartoon from the early 1970s that is animated version of the Christmas Carol.

The past few weeks I have watched the following episodes:

1. Family Ties - Keaton Christmas Carol

2. Married with children - BundyFull Life

3. Cheers episode with Sam trying to find Rebecca a gift

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Watched one of my yearly favorites last night, "Christmas Tree Lot" from Ozzie & Harriet. At the end there's a joke with Wally that was used again at the end of a later season episode which I also watched the other night, "Girl at the Emporium."

Gary "I hate that there's one less week between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year - everything feels rushed" O.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Gary OS said:
Gary "I hate that there's one less week between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year - everything feels rushed" O.
Gary, when do you celebrate Christmas in your house? ;)

I just watched one of my favorite Christmas movies: DESK SET. As an office worker, I love that fantasy idea of the ultimate office Christmas Party. For TV, I'm looking forward to A CANNONBALL CHRISTMAS from season one of PETTICOAT JUNCTION.

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James Fabiano
Oh, great topic. Mine include:

- WPIX Yule Log (of course!)
- Both Christmas and the Hard Luck Kids (That Girl and Mary Tyler Moore)
- Vicar of Dibley (the one where Geraldine has to go to everyone's Christmas lunch...Alice's mother steals the show...)
- Both MST3K episodes (Santa Claus Conquers the Martians and Santa Claus. Hey, wasn't there a KTMA Xmas episode? All I remember is a story of how Trace wasn't available that day, so they "froze" Crow and made him the Christmas tree)
- Justice League: Comfort and Joy
- Mickey's Christmas Carol
- Muppet Family Christmas (as much grief as I give Constantly Butchering Shows, that we'll never get a proper release of this due to music issues is a far worse crime)

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
younger1968 said:
I like to watch the Alistar Sim cartoon from the early 1970s that is animated version of the Christmas Carol.
I've never heard of this. I just looked it up on IMDB. It's from 1971 and was directed by Richard Williams (THE THIEF AND THE COBBLER). The voice cast includes Michael Redgrave and other great Brit actors. Sounds like a must-see to me! I was originally gonna ask if they used Sim's recorded dialogue from the 1951 version, but that seems highly unlikely. He was still alive and working in 1971.

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James Fabiano
Vic Pardo said:
I've never heard of this. I just looked it up on IMDB. It's from 1971 and was directed by Richard Williams (THE THIEF AND THE COBBLER). The voice cast includes Michael Redgrave and other great Brit actors. Sounds like a must-see to me! I was originally gonna ask if they used Sim's recorded dialogue from the 1951 version, but that seems highly unlikely. He was still alive and working in 1971.
Is this the Nightmare Fuel version seen on HBO?

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I watched the Christmas with Danny Kaye DVD this weekend along with some other vintage Christmas specials while I was putting the lights on my tree and doing Christmas related chores. I had heard that there were some authoring problems with the Kaye DVD, but my newly purchased DVD was just fine and checking Amazon, I see that the company corrected the problem. I hope another volume of the Danny Kaye Christmas shows is released.

cherisland

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd
My favorite TV Show Christmas themed episodes would be:
Bewitched: A Vision Of sugar Plums, Humbug Not To Be Spoken Here, Santa Comes To Visit and Stays And Stays, Sister's At Heart
Sabrina The Teen-Age Witch: A Girl And Her Cat, Sabrina Claus, Christmas Amnesia, Sabrina Nipping At Your Nose, Sabrina's Perfect Christmas
That Girl: Christmas And The Hard Luck Kid
Beverly Hillbillies: Home For Christmas, Christmas At The Clampetts,Christmas In Hooterville
I Love Lucy: Christmas Episode
The Lucy Show:Together For Christmas
Married With Children: You Better Watch Out, It's A Bundyful Life
The Office: Christmas Party, A Benihana Christmas,Moraccan Christmas,Secret Santa, Classy Christmas, Christmas Wishes,
Addams Family, Christmas With The Addams Family
Doris Day Show: Two Family Christmas,
ALF: Alf's Special Christmas
All In The Family: Edith's Crisis Of Faith
Flintstones: Christmas Flintstone
The Middle: Christmas, Simple Christmas, Christmas Gift, Christmas Help
Tiny Toon Adventures :Tiny Toon Christmas
Simpsons: Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire
That 70's Show: Best Christmas Ever, Hyde's Christmas Rager, Eric Foreman Christmas,Christmas,
Are You Being Served? : Christmas Crackers, Father Christmas Affair,
Keeping Up Appearances: Father Christmas Suit,
My So Called Life: So Called Angels
Popular: Fall On Your Knees
Cafe Americain: Deck the Halls With Boughs Of Holly
Pinky & The Brain: Pinky & The Brain Christmas

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Starting to ease my way in because I may not have time for any marathons this year. Got the toughest episode out of the way first, S1 "Medic" ("Red Christmas") because its subject matter while effective makes it an episode to see in isolation only. Now watching the two "Adam-12" Christmas episodes.

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James Fabiano
Anyone remember The Christmas Raccoons?

Classic game shows always had nice setups for Christmas too.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
A number of Japanese animated series have had Christmas episodes (including "Sailor Moon," "Pokémon," "Urusei Yatsura," "Ranma 1/2," to name a few of the most popular ones).

But I'm going to show a picture from "The Trapp Family Story" (1991) because NBC is rebroadcasting its live production of "Sound of Music" tonight:

Notice how Maria is designed to resemble Julie Andrews' look from the movie version.

And here's the rest of the family:

It had 40 episodes and the Japanese title is "Trapp Ikka Monogatari."

Japan did multiple versions of "Little Women" and both its 1981 and 1987 series had Christmas episodes, taken from Louisa May Alcott's book. Here's a pic from the 1987 series:

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I've worked in several of my favorite Christmas episodes over the last week, but have many more "essentials" I've got to watch by the end of the evening on the 24th. Once Christmas Day hits, I don't generally watch any episodes. That's a family day so I have to get all my viewing done by Christmas Eve. Here's few I've seen this past week:

Father Knows Best - Christmas Story; The Angel's Sweater
TAGS - Christmas Story
Ozzie & Harriet - Christmas Tree Lot; Girl at the Emporium
Hazel - Hazel's Christmas Shopping
Mary Tyler Moore Show - Christmas and the Hardluck Kid II
Lois & Clark - Twas the Night Before Myxmas
Happy Days - Christmas w/the Fonz (and all the others)
Brady Bunch - The Voice of Christmas
Have Gun, Will Travel - The Hanging Cross; Be Not Forgetful of Strangers
Family Ties - Keaton Christmas Carol
I Love Lucy - Christmas Special
Honeymooners - Twas the Night Before Christmas
Father Dowling - Christmas Mystery
In the Heat of the Night - My Name is Hank; Blessings
Donna Reed Show - A Very Merry Christmas

There are still many more I want to try and watch, and some that are "absolute must" watches (Kildare, Lassie, Ozzie & Harriet, Charlie Brown, & Dragnet, among a dozen or so that are annual traditions at my house).

Gary "hope everyone is having a good 'run-up' to Christmas thus far" O.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
An E Card to wish you the best this Season...from the women of the SGR House..."Hillbillies in Space" :)

nebula copy.jpg

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I watched the Eight is Enough Christmas episode last night to get me in the spirit. Its on my season 2 DVD set I got from Warners Archives.
I haven't seen it in many years. While I wouldn't call it my favorite all-time Xmas episode, it did put me in the mood. There were a few amusing bits. Will Geer broke into the Bradford house in the middle of the night and started stealing their presents. Nicolas woke up and thought he was Santa Claus!
As an added attraction, Judy Strangis (Dyna Girl) guest starred as David's girlfriend.
It's a 2-parter so I'll probably watch the second half later this week.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
I have discovered a new favorite XMAS episode from just the other evening.All In The Family--The Draft Dodger. I was so surprised at how well done and performed this episode is that I have decided to place this one in permanent TV XMAS Eve rotation...on XMAS Eve itself!!!!! I've seen it before...and I look forward to seeing it again in a few days!!!!!I will be debuting the four Dobie Gillis XMAS episodes, as well as those of Gilligan's Island, The Mod Squad and The Brady Bunch, on XMAS Day!!!!! I am looking forward to the coming remaining days of this calendar year--and beyond--as a result of these titles, amongst many, becoming part of my ever-growing TV DVD library!!!!!!!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Tonight my family and I watched:

Partridge Family - "Don't Bring Your Guns to Town, Santa."
Dennis the Menace - "15 Foot Tall Christmas Tree."
Bewitched - "Visions of Sugar Plums"
Flying Nun - "Wailing in a Winter, Wonder Land"

Gotta make hay with the "big boys" starting tomorrow. Everything I watch and list going forward will be Top 25 stuff only.

Gary "so much left to view - so little time remaining" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks