What's new

Favorite Christmas episodes on dvd (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I second that one, which I had forgotten about. I picked up that DVD a couple of years ago. :emoji_thumbsup:

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Sure enough, those "Lassie" Christmas episodes were tearjerkers (I say that in a positive way). Great stuff that always gets me in the proper spirit for the holidays. Merry Christmas to everyone!

Gary "and a Happy New Year" O.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
One of my favorites is a Christmas episode from Season 2 of All Creatures Great & Small. I try to watch this every year. My next favorite would be the Christmas episode from Season 1 of the Mary Tyler Moore Show, even with the music edit.

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator
I love that Partridge Family episode everyone was talking about with the Old West Christmas fantasy sequence.

"What's a Bell Bell Belle???"

I got that Christmas Album they did just for their rendition of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.

Also the Doris Day Show did a couple of good Christmas episodes with her family and friends. NOT the one where there was a real murder by Santa Claus though...I'm surprised Doris agreed to do that one.
Not in keeping with her image or the general tone of the show at all.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
I just saw two great Christmas episodes. I don't know if they have been mentioned here, because I don't have the time to re-read the entire thread. The new Johnny Staccato set from TMG, and the MOD Highway Patrol set have great Christmas themed shows.

Doug

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Doug, thanks for resurrecting this thread. I agree wholeheartedly that both the Highway Patrol and Johnny Staccato Christmas-themed episodes are very good. It's been nice to replace my alts with official, pristine prints of both!

Looking ahead at the release schedule, folks will be able to see Christmas episodes from the following series: Mister Ed, The Six Million Dollar Man, a couple of the Bing Crosby Christmas Shows. There may be some newer shows that I don't follow or collect that have Christmas episodes as well.

Gary "there's also the Paramount set coming, like the one last year, that has a compilation of Christmas episodes from several of their older series" O.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
This will be the first Christmas where FINALLY, the Dragnet "Christmas Story" can be watched in an official version.

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Community and Modern Family have good ones that were just released. My favorite is Jennifer's Home for Christmas - WKRP but unfortunately not available on dvd

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack P

This will be the first Christmas where FINALLY, the Dragnet "Christmas Story" can be watched in an official version.

Yep. And a fine Christmas episode it is, Jack.

Gary "wish LITB had done a Christmas episode" O.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Any Christmas episode from Leave it to beaver. Sorry I couldnt resist. Anyway, my favorite is the Christmas episode from Donna Reed season 1.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenia Stathakopoulou Sorry I couldnt resist. Anyway, my favorite is the Christmas episode from Donna Reed season 1.

LOL. I have to laugh lest I cry when I think about that show not doing out a Christmas episode. And you've listed another one of my favorites. THE DONNA REED SHOW definitely gave us a great classic!

Gary "I'll have to start watching my Christmas episodes pretty soon if I want to see a majority of them before December 25th arrives" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasslein

The Leave it to Beaver episode Haircut from season one is a Christmas episode.

That definitely doesn't qualify as a Christmas episode in my book. No sidewalk Santa. No Christmas tree. No lights. No manger scene, or references to the birth of Christ. No carols being sung. No presents being opened on Dec. 25th. Nope, that's not a Christmas episode.

Gary "it's a real shame too" O.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Originally Posted by Gary OS
Gary "I'll have to start watching my Christmas episodes pretty soon if I want to see a majority of them before December 25th arrives" O.

Don't forget about hosting the Goncours again this year!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Point-Blank /forum/thread/280087/favorite-christmas-episodes-on-dvd/30#post_3743487

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Point-Blank /forum/thread/280087/favorite-christmas-episodes-on-dvd/30#post_3743604

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Originally Posted by Gary OS

Quote:

That definitely doesn't qualify as a Christmas episode in my book. No sidewalk Santa. No Christmas tree. No lights. No manger scene, or references to the birth of Christ. No carols being sung. No presents being opened on Dec. 25th. Nope, that's not a Christmas episode.

Gary "it's a real shame too" O.

The do sing, in the end tag, and the whole idea is Beaver needs a haircut for the Christmas pageant, but yeah, it is really buried in the episode, & including it is a reach, but I do anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks