What's new

Favorite Cameos in a movie? (1 Viewer)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

I also thought his brief and non-speaking appearance in "Casper" was funny. That movie was loaded with cameos...Fred Rogers, "Hard Copy" host Terry Murphy, Don Novello as Father Guido Sarducci, Rodney Dangerfield, Clint Eastwood and (my personal favorite) Dan Aykroyd reprising the role of Raymond Stantz from the "Ghostbusters" movies.

I guess that when you're a writer of entertainment industry spoofs (like Sherri Stoner and Deanna Oliver, this movie's screenwriters) then it's only natural that celebrities will want to work with you.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Okay, now I truly am back and under my original username!

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
That Steve sure loves his screen captures. :D I enjoyed Bruce Campbell's cameos in the Spider-Man movies...especially the one in Spider-Man II.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

I don't think those were cameos. I would actually think of them as full-fledged supporting roles.

If we are going to talk about cameos in "Domino", my vote goes to Tom Waits as the wandering preacher. I'm a Tom Waits fan and seeing him in that movie was cool.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Oh, one more: How about Tony Danza's appearance in the movie "Crash"?

tyler payne

Second Unit
Real Name
tyler payne
Bob Hope in Spies Like Us

The Beginning of Austin Powers in Goldmember

And Takashi Miike towards the end of Hostel very appropriate of him being there. My buddy and I just looked at each other with a look of "yeah, he totally belongs there".

Jenn Teng

Auditioning
Martin Scorsese's cameo in Taxi Driver's Betsy appearing scene.

I first saw her at Palantine Campaign Headquarters at 63rd and Broadway. She was wearing a white dress. She appeared like an angel out of this filthy mass. They... cannot... touch... her.

Drew Mertz

Stunt Coordinator
I always thought Bruce Willis' cameo as his Die Hard character (John McClaine) in National Lampoons Loaded Weapon 1 was a pretty good one.

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator
I like the way Marvel has been putting some of the creative people in cameos for their recent movies.

Shad R

Supporting Actor
Brook Shields in one of the muppet movies, when Rizzo asks her on a date and she says something like "it wouldn't be the first time I dated a rat"
Bruce Willis in Loaded Weapon
"yeah, no problem!"
George Cloony in as the gay dog in one of the South Park episodes, also plays a doctor in the movie
Even though it's uncredited, I think Dave Letterman played Butthead's dad in B and B Do America, also featuring Bruce Willis.

Ruslan

Stunt Coordinator
I really wish the makers of some of the Marvel Comics movies could arrange cameos of characters in other Marvel films - a glimpse of Daredevil in the background of a Spider-Man film, for instance (I know different companies own the rights to make the movies of the characters, but surely something could be arranged...). Would really give those flicks the 'Marvel Family' feel that the books have.
However, does anyone know if it is really Thomas Jane appearing as the Punisher as Mary Jane runs through the park in her wedding dress at the end of Spider 2? Wizard Magazine said it was, though they are ironic in about 90% of their writing...(am abroad so can't post a screencap) If so - great!

Ray Faiola

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray Faiola
My favorite cameo is at the very end of Columbia's 1942 film version of MY SISTER EILEEN. Roz Russell and Janet Blair have been plagued all through the picture with blasting underneath their apartment from the new subway being dug. Finally at the end they hear drilling and up through the floor in the middle of the living room pops the three workmen.

"Hey Moe! I think we made a wrong turn!" Of course, it's the Stooges and what a surprise it was.

It is the absolute perfect capper to a wonderful, raucus comedy.

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
2 more that i just thought of. Don Cheedle and Jeremy Piven in Rush Hour 2. Piven makes the best ouf of a scene that on all purposes would have been cut with another actor in the role. There's acually alittle bit of Ari Gold in that brief cameo.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

It's really Thomas Jane, but I don't recall Wizard saying that it was The Punisher. I think he was just hanging around the set that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks