What's new

Favorite Bond DVD (1 Viewer)

In honor of the new Bond "Die Another Day" coming out in theatres, I re-visited "The World Is Not Enough" last night. I think I am in the mood for a complete "Bond-A-Thon" this weekend! What's your favorite Bond DVD? Movie, Extras, etc....

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I really like the "The Spy who Loved Me" SE DVD; although the provided transfer could have been a little better.

Between now and Sunday afternoon (when we will hopefully catch the new flick), we're going to try to view the following:

* Goldfinger (Still my favorite Bond Movie)

* The Spy who Loved Me

* GoldenEye

Of course, if we had started this a week ago, we would have included Dr. No, From Russia with Love, and On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

We use to love Thunderball, but the Austin Powers movies have ruined that film for us!!

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
These following 3 as they followed the book storylines and were authentic:

Dr. No
From Russia With Love
Goldfinger

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I love the picture and the sound on THUNDERBALL, and YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE has a gorgeous transfer. But the whole series looks pretty nice on DVD.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
For the movie itself: OHMSS. Although the mono soundtrack is a travesty.

For the DVD: Tomorrow Never Dies (although Thunderball is a close second with a nice transfer and a 5.1 track).

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
For the movie itself: OHMSS. Although the mono soundtrack is a travesty.
OHMSS is my personal favorite Bond, but I wasn't too thrilled with the transfer. It's adequate but should have been better. If the transfer were better it would be my favorite 007 DVD as well.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
OHMSS deserves better than what it got on DVD...it looked older than the other five movies that came before it.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Roger Moore is my least facorite Bond (Too toungue in cheek) but The Spy Who Loved me is one of my all time favorites. Maybe it has something to do with it being the first one I saw on the Big screen. I also liked For your Eyes Only, as it was an attempt to make the series a little more serious again.

Other favorites are Goldfinger and License to Kill... Though I think Felix surviving the shark attack was a last minute re-write.

Unfortunately, although I like Pierce Brosnan as Bond, all his movies seem to blend together for me. I souldn't tell you what happens in which... Perhaps it's time I fire them up again.

Ric

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Tomorrow Never Dies is a demo disc for me...the teaser sequence has excellent sound (particularly bass).

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
From Russia With Love. I enjoyed the extra about the M. Binder credits sequences.

Tim Ke

Stunt Coordinator
i haven't seen them all, but my favourites films are either one of connery's first few or Goldeneye. It's pretty hard to compare DVDs though, they're all great!

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Orbis Non Sufficit

My favorite Bond movie: The World is Not Enough followed closely by GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The Living Daylights and Die Another Day.

Speaking of DAD, I saw it today... while it's almost impossible to screw up a Bond film, this one is very hit and miss. When its good, its mind-blowing but when its bad... The least of the Brosnan films, imho.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Althought not my favorite Bond flick, Tomorrow Never Dies is the best all-around package DVD. awsome sound, awsome transfer, top-notch extras.

I respectfully disagree. No original Making of. All it has is the fluff marketing stuff. All the earlier DVDs contain retrospective documentaries. Goldeneye has only press kit garbage. The World of 007 is cool, but it hangs on marketing more than true documentary.

An a different note....Even though I am in full support for a full Rober Harris-type restoration program of these films, MGM truly delivered the goods to Bond fans on these DVDs. Of course there are a few glitches here and there in the set, but all said and done, they gave it a great effort. Thanks MGM.

My fav Bond films:

1. OHMSS
2. Goldfinger
3. For Your Eyes Only
4. Thunderball
5. The Spy Who Loved Me
6. Goldeneye
7. From Russia With love
8. The Living Daylights
9. Live And Let Die
10. The rest tie, whatever Im in the mood for.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
I'll always have a soft spot for Tomorrow Never Dies, as it was the first DVD I bought that had any significant extras. It was also my first double-dip (I had bought the bare-bones version a month or two before the SE came out).

After that, my favorite of the DVDs would probably be Thunderball.

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
The video journal on Goldeneye is very well done, I think. I like it. Goldeneye is definitely the best Brosnan film so far (haven't see DAD), and watching it again with commentary it amazes me the kind of pressure they were under to deliver a knockout film in order to keep the franchise alive. Martin Campbell is an underrated director in my opinion. He brought a lot of grittiness and style to this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks