What's new

fave stations; big disappointments (1 Viewer)

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
I have Sirius,

My faves are:

Trend: they play EVERYTHING..one second im listening to Dave Grohl's acoustic version of "Times like these", then on next theyll have some funky Stevie Wonder...excellent station

Pulse: sometimes a little too TRL, but a good one to leave it on on a long drive

Rock: good classic rock

Planet Jazz: Sweet jazz

Disappointments:

Vault: not bad all the time, but its really hit or miss with this one..thought it would be better

Bridge: just thought id like it, but i dont find myself wandering over there too often

US-1: too much hip hop AND too much KELLY CLARKSTON

I could critique every station, but we'll leave it at that...

ANYONE ELSE? XM or Sirius

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I know this will get some flames but I just spent a week with Sirius in my rental car and I don't care what people say about clearchannel, XM has much more original programming. Even the S&V review agreed on that. I thought Sirius's play-list sounded like listening to a rock station on FM without commercials (but damn, they probably play about 5 minutes of Sirius promos an hour but I guess those aren't considered commercials). I also thought the sound was inferior but I was listening through an FM modulator so I admit its not a fair comparison. Also, does it always take a few seconds before it switches channels on Sirius or is that just a modulator thing? Either way, I have no intention on becoming a fan boy for XM but I am just telling you my honest opinion after spending a week with Sirius. I still think both offer great services but now I no longer doubt if I chose right for my personal tastes. I would go into comparisons of channels but I think my point has been made without having to ruffle more feathers.

Jeffrey D Smith

Stunt Coordinator
What rental company did you use and what type of car had sirius in the car? I know Hertz is supposed to eventually.

I can't find any info on anyone offering yet, if you could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
OK, sorry, I was walking out the door when I typed that, now I will expand. It was a brand new Ford Taurus (what they consider full size) with only 6 miles on it. Their website does not list Portland but I bet all of their brand new cars have them.

Now don't get me wrong, about what I wrote earlier, it was awesome to have sirius in the car, especially in a city I was visiting since I knew none of the stations. I was only giving a comparison. Also, I am not sure how it works but my xm does not seem to be bothered by thick foliage over the road as sirius was. I did like the stations on sirius but I didn't see anything it offered that XM didn't do. Besides I've said it once and I'll say it again, Sports stations on XM are far, far better but I have a feeling the majority of you don't care or prefer local programming.

Either way, I absolutely loved listening to Sirius in my car this last week. I think that all rental companies should do this. I've never seen a more perfect use of a product. And one more piece of advice, use hotwire.com for car rentals. I can't believe how much money it saved me. And, no, of course I don't work for hotwire.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I thought Sirius's play-list sounded like listening to a rock station on FM without commercials
I'm starting to feel the same way, at least as far as the rock stations go.

Course, I think that's what most people with Sirius like about them. Most of the Sirius guys seem to think that XM is too eclectic.

It just seems like Sirius is playing it far too safe with their music selections sometimes...

Jason

PaulBigelow

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

Maybe Sirius will realize that the format of commercial
radio but "just more of it" is not the way to go.

There's too much good music being ignored for me to pay
to hear more of the same.

I definitely have issues with XM sound quality but the
music selection and variety is pretty darned good.

Best regards,

Paul Bigelow

Jeffrey D Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe Sirius will realize that the format of commercial radio but "just more of it" is not the way to go.
Perhaps that's how you feel, but I feel the opposite. I currently have XM and much prefer Siriuses programming.

Sirius seems to me to play much deeper tracks and spread of music then XM. XM has already played 3 ACDC songs in the last 2 hours this morning!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks