What's new

Fave music from a game? (1 Viewer)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
For original music - Castlevania Symphony of the Night! Its almost as awesome as the game.
For nonoriginal music - WipEout XL, best beats in any game.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I second Lunar 1 and 2.
Final Fantasy VII had very fitting music. Each tune was different, but they all sounded a little similar, establishing some continuity in the world. Thats why I love that soundtrack.
One of the weirdest soundtracks was either Capcom vs. SNK or Marvel vs. Capcom 2. I don't remember which one, but it had nice music instead of adrenaline pumping music. Both were great games anyway.

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
I think I have a new favorite, I just played GTA3 and the music is probably one of the coolest parts of the game :)
Dean

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Here are some of my favs:
Castlevania SOTN SDTRCK (all Castlevania games for the matter)
Baldurs Gate 2 SDTRCK
Icewind Dale SDTRK (Anything by Jeremy Soule!)
Onimusha SDTRK
Silent Hill 2 SDTRK (especially the main theme)
Wipeout XL SDTRCK
Streets of Rage 1&2 (both these games have great music!!)
Killer Instinct (Especially Gold for the N64)
Diablo 2 SDTRCK
Giants Citizen Kabuto SDTRCK
Metal Gear Solid SDTRCK (cant wait for the Metal Gear SOlid 2 soundtrack on November 11th!)
I own a majority of these soundtracks. I cant tell you how much I enjoy game music. Allot of these soundtracks are almost as good as movie scores.
If you guys are looking for a great place to buy game soundtracks you can go here:
http://ebaycloud.tripod.com/
I have ordered from this gentleman at least 10 times. He is extemely reliable and usually has a huge stock of game soundtracks.
[Edited last by Romier S on November 03, 2001 at 08:04 PM]

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Wow.
Marathon (Mac)
Unreal Tournament (PC)
Quake (PC)
Zelda - Ocarina of Time (N64)
Crash Bandicoot 2 (PS1)
Final Fantasy VIII (PS1 and PC)
Parasite Eve (PS1)
Everquest (PC)
Diablo and Diablo II (PC)
Soul Calibur (DC)
Mike

paul h

Supporting Actor
Hmmmm...not many others remember the old C64 music then!
For recent'ish stuff i'd definitely agree with Castlevania SOTN.
Also Quake, Quake3, Shinobi, Wipeout, American McGee's Alice.

Christopher Chung

Stunt Coordinator
Let's not forget the classic game Mega Man 2 on the NES. I think that has the best music out of all the other games in the Mega Man Series.
Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in...
biggrin.gif

Adam N

Agent
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain for PSX. As monotonous as the music can get, you never really get bored, tired, or annoyed with it. It sort of sucks you in.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
After listening to it again, I would have to say that FFVIII has the best original score. The songs overall are pretty good, plus the orchestrated songs are great.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Final Fantasy VI: Celes' Theme
- so somber and melancholy
The opening to Castlevania
- Awesome
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
"Let's see, Matt Chmiel has Rini Bell, NickSO has Mena Suvari, John Williamson has Ivana Milisevic, and Steve Gon has Emmanuelle Beart...who the hell do I have???
"It's not Pikeville, Kentucky. It's Pikevool!!! And it's not Louisville, it's Loolvool!!! Get it right, damnit!!!"
My DVD Collection

Ben_S

Agent
Planescape: Torment. I just finished it a few weeks ago. A truly memorable gaming experience. Some of those characters and moments I'll never forget. And the music matched them all so perfectly.

Dax Scott

Stunt Coordinator
A link I got from the HTF sometime last year that I thought some of you might enjoy:
http://www.minibosses.com/
Listening to these guys sure brings back memories. I used to get a really bad case of "Nintendo Thumb" on a dialy basis. U+D+U+D+L+R+L+R+B+A+Start!
------------------
Dax R. Scott - DVD Addict
Ask yourself... what would Ditka do?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks