Faulty Warner dvd, need help.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dabu H, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Dabu H

Dabu H Auditioning

I just received the 9disc kubrick boxset as a gift. I was watching 2001 Space Odyssey, but the disc turns out to be faulty. At 1:27:37 during the intermission, my dvd-rom starts having trouble playing the disc. Eventually, powerdvd will stop playing it giving me an error about the disc being damaged. Any point after this point on the dvd gives the same results. If i try playing the trailer, the same problem will happen. My dvd-rom has never failed to play my 200+ discs.

How can i get in touch with someone at Warner Home Video department to send them this mispressed disc and get a replacement?

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Have you inspected the disc? The data side might be obscured in some way. Also see if you can audition the disc on another player. There have been no complaints of note regarding the new edition of that film.

3. Dabu H

Dabu H Auditioning

Ya, i checked it out already. Upon inspection it looks flawless. My conclusion would be that everything on the 2nd layer is unreadable. Could you possibly help by verifying that the layer switch is at that intermission point?

As for testing it on another player, I wont be able to do that for another week or so :/

4. Rain

Rain Producer