1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Faulty Jin-roh ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Eriksen, Apr 22, 2002.

1. Michael Eriksen

Michael Eriksen Stunt Coordinator

I have the 3-disc speciel edition of Jin-roh.

So far my Pioneer 515 have been able to play all my dvds (around 400), but I have problems with Jin-Roh.

In the opening sequence it writes the bandai presentation and the some japanese signs...then it keeps repeating that, and never moves on to the movie. I have to press a chapter forward and then rewind it to just after the opening text then it works.

It also keeps repeating the last sequence and never gets to the ending text.

I tried it then on the dvd player in my computer, and the ending sequence works with this player, however it refuses to let me choose "play" from the menu, it simply just goes back to the menu again after I choose play. I have to open it from the chapter list.

It sounds like a faulty disc to me. Anyone else had any problems with this one ?

It annoys me, especially since the set didnt excatly come cheap.

Michael Eriksen

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Pioneer players sometimes have problems with Bandai discs, I think I heard somewhere there's a quirk in the authoring software that the company that makes it has never fixed. Usually the player crashes for me at the end of a titile on the TV ep discs

Try exchanging it. If that doesn't work then it's probably your deck

3. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Well we just watched this in film class the other day and it went fine. The school has a Pioneer Elite, though I forget which model.
    So I would be reluctant to implicate the disc until you get some other responses with the same problem.
    However, a PSX2 is always good to check compatability. It's not just for games anymore. [​IMG]

4. ChristopherM

ChristopherM Stunt Coordinator

My (native R1) Pioneer player sometimes shows the subtitles on Jin Roh's interviews... and sometimes it doesn't. I then have to remove and reinsert the disc until it does.