What's new

Faulty 3802 owners please chime in. (1 Viewer)

Mike_Morgan

Stunt Coordinator
I am seiously considering a 3802 purchase by the end of the week. I am seeing lots of people with problems recently and would like to know(if you don't mind telling) if these faulty pieces were purchased from an authorized dealers or not. I am, no doubt, buying mine from an authorized dealer. I'm hoping that most of the problems lately are coming from unauthorized dealers. Thanks for letting the rest of us in on where you got your faulty pieces.

Mike

rodney wiley

Second Unit
Mike I bought my unit from 6th ave which is an authorized internet dealer!! and if you have read my post you know its dead within two weeks!

Walt N

Second Unit
Wow, seems the Denon factory had a bad week recently.
I just received a brand new factory sealed AVR-3802 from 6ave.com (authorized dealer) today and it's defective. The two switched outlets on the back don't work when the receiver is powered up. Weird. I didn't bother checking anything else since this was a showstopper for me. I had the thing all hooked up and ready to roll but when I plugged in the AC adapter I use to trigger my external amp and no joy. Tried a nightlight and then a Braun handblender:D while I was at it, still nothing. Seeing no warranty invalidating seal on the case, I popped the cover off and checked the internal fuses. They were fine.
I've been following this product since it's release and it seems the recent complaints are quite unusual for this unit. I actually thought there might be some kind of mild hysteria brewing here. Guess not! That's what I get for thinking. I would like to urge the Denon factory to pull the Kirin beer from the cafeteria until quality control gets back up to it's previous standard.
Now I have to reinstall my AVR-3300 which I'm looking forward to like I would a colonoscopy.
6ave.com was very friendly and apologetic on the phone. I'll give them and the AVR-3802 one more shot.

Eric_G

Auditioning
Update on my 3802:
I had a problem with it not playing in DTS-ES mode. Apparently, this is a problem with my DVD player. It works fine with a new DVD player. I hate that I may have steered somebody away from this receiver because of this. It sounds awesome! It has resumed it's place as best receiver for under $1000 to me.

Eric

Mike_Morgan

Stunt Coordinator
Why should it be assumed that '3802 owners are faulty?
Yeah yeah yeah, I knew that someone was gonna say something about that! :) Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm gonna go ahead and give it a shot. I heard that the Denon repair center is right here in my area anyways, so I'll give it a go. Thanks for the input.
Mike

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
I bought my 3802 within a month of it hitting store shelves, and it has brought me nothing but joy. The manual, on the other hand, is a bad joke that has brought frustration the likes of which I thought was the sole domain of insurance companies. A good portion of the "problems" I read about the 3802 are actually a result of the poor documentation.

Walt N

Second Unit
Well Mike, I think we got the lemons out of the way for you so yours should be fine.:star:
BTW my roomate got an AVR-3802 a couple of days before I got mine (also from 6ave.com) and his works perfectly.

Corey Holter

Agent
My 3802 is being sent back to 6th Ave, and they will ship out a new one. My problem was that it was sending "white noise" to all 5 speakers, even without any audio input. (I unplugged all audio input and other wires - just speakers connected, and it still produced this annoying white noise).

Kind of annoying putting together a whole new HT and not being able to use it right now, but I guess these things happen...

Mike_Morgan

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I placed my order for a 3802 today. Sorry to hear about the misfortune of some. Hopefully I won't have any problems with mine. Like has been mentioned before... the $699 deal is the deal of a lifetime so I couldn't pass it up.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks