What's new

Fats Domino Passes at 89! (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Chubby Checker too! ;)

You could make a strong case for Fat's "inventing" rock and roll with THE FAT MAN from 1949. I grew up with his music. Seeing his big smile on Treme was enough to have me tear up a bit. Sad to see him go.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Jerry Lee Lewis and Little Richard are about the only two still living '50s Rock N' Roll Pioneers (Chubby Checker had his first big hit "The Twist" in 1960, and I don't count Pat Boone, even almost!) that I can think of!

Fats Domino had way more Top 40 hits than the above two living legends combined, something like 34, I believe? In the pre Beatles Rock era, I think that only Elvis Presley had more!

Anyway, my condolences to Fats Domino's family and friends! May he Rest in Peace, and may his great musical legacy never die!

CHEERS! :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I was kidding about poor Chubby Checker. I only became aware that his name is a take on Fats Domino.

New Orleans showed up to send Fats off, photo's from the second line hit twitter and had me tearing up again. Many can be found here:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orle..._67b033b8-bf58-11e7-8156-d78a6a10431f.html#18

59fb652f959f3.image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks