What's new

Fathom Events Big Screen Classics - 2023 (1 Viewer)

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
Gave up on Fathom events after very dark screenings of Bullitt, The Birds and Rear Window.
Last week I went for the first time to the Alamo Draft House for From Russia With Love (Free Screenings of most of the James Bond films on Monday evenings at 7PM). I was amazed, running the shows in Sony Digital 4K. I thought I was watching a 35 MM print and it sold out in their biggest house to boot. They ran the British Scope Trailers for Diamonds Are Forever and You Only Live Twice, the Dr. No /From Russia With Love trailer and the trailer for Thunderball before the show. A class act theater with knowledgeable staff, beautiful theaters, and foreign movie posters framed and Original for all kinds of films from the 60's and 70's. This Cinema was in Virginia. Hope to return and they were running On Her Majesty's Secret Service this past Monday!

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I'm not sure why, but one of my local regals are showing The Wizard of OZ on Sunday and Monday. The same day as Grease.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I just saw the 50th anniversary screening of American Graffiti and it looked the best I have seen that movie look. According to a screen at the beginning at the movie it will come out on UHD disc in November.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I just saw the 50th anniversary screening of American Graffiti and it looked the best I have seen that movie look. According to a screen at the beginning at the movie it will come out on UHD disc in November.
Yeah. It was announced a month ago.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I just got back from the Fathom event for Back To The Future. The presentation was good but not spectacular and the movie has never looked particularly good on disc.

This is one of my favorite movies and one of the most perfect movies in history with an incredibly tight script.

people often point to George and Lorraine not recognizing Marty at the end as a big flaw but I find it unlikely that you would remember exactly what somebody that you knew for one week 30 years ago looks like. You definitely wouldn't suspect that it was your son who traveled back in time.

I personally find it more unbelievable that they had about a half second window for the Delorean to hit the cable when the lightning hit. The lightning could have hit at any point that minute as the clock didn't have a seconds hand and there was a lack of people observing the exact moment the lightning struck.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I personally find it more unbelievable that they had about a half second window for the Delorean to hit the cable when the lightning hit. The lightning could have hit at any point that minute as the clock didn't have a seconds hand and there was a lack of people observing the exact moment the lightning struck.
That part may be harder to believe than buying into Doc figuring out how travel time. It also shows how much fun and how exciting that scene is because you don't think about it or at least don't care.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks