Father's (Day) thread

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Holadem, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

So, please tell me what is so terrific about being a father. As a non custodial dad of a 14 months old, I am not always sure.

--
    Holadem

2. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

What so great. The feeling I get deep down everytime my 6 month old looks at me and smiles especially the smile he gives me when I first come home from work. [​IMG]
    Knowing that he relies on me for everything in his life (besides the food at this point it still comes from Mom). I have enjoyed being a father more then anything else in my life and can only hope it get better and better. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    KyleS

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Every day when I get home from work and my 5 year old daughter runs at me, arms open wide.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

4. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

As I've been getting older (well, I'm 24), I see myself turning more into my father every day. I'm sure it'll get more pronounced as I continue to age. Some people freak out, and think "Oh no! I don't want to be anything like -them-". Not me. I love my Dad, and appreciate all he's ever done for me, including the things I'll never know about. I think it's a great honor to be more like him every day. I aspire to be as good a father to my children (none yet) as he is to me.
    Thats how I feel about Dad [​IMG]

5. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

what is custodial dad?
    well, it is great being a father. like ron-p, i have similar experience.
    everytime i open the apartment door...a small "click" sound would trigger my 16 months old baby boy to an ultra active mode. he then smiles wide from ear to ear, waiting for me to open the door wide. if not, he would try to open the door himself. after the door opened, he would wait for me to open my jacket, shoes...etc etc then he always asks me to hold him, and play with him.
    he does that to me every single time. i love him. his name is fenix.
    [​IMG]

6. Bill_D

Bill_D Supporting Actor

Hearing, "Where's Poppie?" all day long.

7. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Waking up with sore muscles from wrestling with your 3yr old the night before. It's a good kind of hurt.

Sorry about the whole custody thing, Holadem. I couldn't imagine what that's like.

8. D. Scott MacDonald

D. Scott MacDonald Supporting Actor

The other day I was eating dinner when my three year old son blurted out that they bought me some DVDs for fathers day. Teasingly I asked him which DVDs, but my five year old daughter beat him to the punch when she teased back "They're all pan and scan".

9. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter

Scott, that's classic! Glad to see you're teaching your kids from the very beginning [​IMG]