What's new

Fathers Day Bliss...... (1 Viewer)

Mike V

Stunt Coordinator
On the deck, smoking a Partagas, and browsing the HTF!!!

I'm having a good Fathers day, how about you?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I'm no fahja but we took Dad out to lunch and gave him some gifts. Mine was a Best of Eagles CD. :emoji_thumbsup:

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
My five and six year old boys bought me:

1) Spongebob boxer briefs
2) Spongebob t-shirt
3) "Watersnake' watergun
4) Mechassault for the XBox

...and my wife gave me a new wallet already loaded with pix of the kids. She tried to get me tickets to the 'Blue Man Group' concert in Tampa in August, but it is already sold out. Tonight she'll have to 'improvise'.

and yes, I'm wearing the boxers Right now.

EDIT=goddamit! who put the T right next to the R on my keyboard!?

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
We leave for vacation on Tuesday, so my wife has been at work all day today (13 hr work day) and will be there tomorrow as well. As such, my day has consisted of true "Father" activities: Feed the kids breakfast, get everybody ready for church, do two loads of laundry, buy my daughter a new swimsuit for vacation, buy a few groceries to make for dinner tonight and tomorrow night, give my daughter a bath, take care of as many odds and ends around the house as possible, etc. Presents? Maybe after dinner.

I wouldn't trade days like today for anything, though. I love taking care of my kids and my wife, and for some reason, it seems even more appropriate to me on Fathers Day.

Eric L: just how TIGHT are the boxers?

Steven K

Supporting Actor
Since I'm a father-to-be (baby due in January), my wife gave me a "thumbs up" to hit Home Depot to pick up some things that we needed but have been hesitant on:

New air conditioner (8000 BTU vs the 5400 BTU which we have now)

Tilia Food Saver - wouldn't have bought it, but Home Depot is not carrying them anymore and they had them market down to $50 (for the Ultra version, the top model)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
On the deck with a cooler full of New Castle Brown ales and a thick porterhouse on the grill and watching the blue & gold finches on my feeder. The weather was perfect for a change here in Wisconsin.

D. Scott MacDonald

Supporting Actor
I got a tivo, a laser guided level, a DVD, a picture of my new son, and various art projects from my two slightly older children.

Matt Gordon

Supporting Actor
I got the traditional Father's Day gift: cologne. :)
It's "pi," for those who know about such things.

After we put the kids to bed, we stayed up and watched "The Matrix." :emoji_thumbsup:

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I got a black and white framed picture of the wife and our daughter, 24 season 1 on DVD (SCORE!), and a new wallet with another picture inside. And I totally agree with Andrew, the best present is seeing a big smile from my daughter!:D

Jason Bovberg

Stunt Coordinator
Wonderful 4-mile hike in Rocky Mountain National Park...watched "Toy Story" with my 3-year-old daughter...ate at my favorite Italian joint...relaxed with a good book. Yeah, bliss.

Bill Wise

Agent
Must be a Wisconsin thing, but at our house it was ribeyes on the deck with a cooler of New Glarus Brewing Spotted Cow followed by the NBA Finals and "The Transporter."

Bill

Frederick

Second Unit
Went to an All Fathers barbque a friend of mine gave. All fathers. No wives or kids. Talk about a great time! My son gave me a tie rack he made and a picture. My wife ... well, that's none of your business :D ...

Freddy C.

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
Since I'm a father-to-be (baby due in January), my wife gave me a "thumbs up" to hit Home Depot to pick up some things that we needed but have been hesitant on:
Steven K...

You and I seem to be on the same schedule. I'm also scheduled to be a father-to-be in January! My wife is due on January 12th. We conceived on Easter and found out on Mother's Day. We're very excited.

Good luck to you and your wife and congrats to both of us!

Jack

StephenA

Screenwriter
I thought I posted in this thread. Must've gotten eaten. Oh well, I'll post again.

I hope to have kids of my own someday so I can do stuff with them that are posted in some of these replies. I love kids.

I made my dad's Father's Day. I got him a DVD player, gave him my old DVD versions of Total Recall and the Usual Suspects(I recently bought the SEs), and I gave him Dirty Dancing, Gladiator, Easy Rider, Gone in Sixty Sixty Seconds, and Fun in Acapulco on DVD also. He said he's having fun with the player, and even borrowed some of my DVDs.

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Just a humourous poke:

I had the best Father's day I could imagine.. I'm not one.

Sorry folks. I intensely dislike kids. I'm sure that will change someday.

Trey Fletcher

Second Unit
The good: One of my gifts was a new bocce set for use in our backyard during BBQ's and such. You can tell this is a good set because the balls are very heavy.

The bad: While neither my wife or I was paying attention, my 16 month old daughter picked up one of the very heavy balls.

The ugly: She then proceeded to throw said ball, having it land on my shin (we were all sitting on the floor).

The result: I spent five minutes in the fetal position, sucking my thumb, and crying for my mama.

Damn that hurt. Still a good day though. :)

Oh, and congrats to all the future Dads. There's nothing like being a Father.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks