Fatherland DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul Arnette, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette Cinematographer

This is one of those films that people probably know very little about, but I thought I would post my question here anyway in the hopes that someone might know something about a potential forthcoming DVD release.

The film in question is, I believe, a made-for-HBO movie entitled "Fatherland" starring Rutger Hauer.

http://us.imdb.com/Details?0109779

I have a vague recollection of seeing this film, and I remember being somewhat disappointed with it, believing the book to be much better. Who hasn't heard that one before? [​IMG] Still, I'd be willing to purchase it in order to watch it again to see if my opinion has changed.

Anyone, anyone? [​IMG]

Thanks.

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

An interestingly done made-for-HBO drama, well-acted and a certainly plausible-seeming "alternative-history" tale. As for its availability on DVD, I have heard nothing.

3. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I agree that the book was much better than the movie, but I enjoyed the movie. I am really entrigued by what if scenarios.

4. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

I want it 'cause of Miranda Richardson and Rutger Hauer, the excellent plot is just a bonus, I was looking it up recently and there doesn't seem to be a DVD in any major country that I could find.

5. Malcolm Cleugh

Malcolm Cleugh Second Unit

Agree with the comments above I think the book is superb. Film is okay given it was a made for TV effort.

In the UK all we have is the VHS which I got when it first came out many years ago, its now OOP. No sign of a DVD from Warner even though English author.