1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Fatherland DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul Arnette, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette Cinematographer

This is one of those films that people probably know very little about, but I thought I would post my question here anyway in the hopes that someone might know something about a potential forthcoming DVD release.

The film in question is, I believe, a made-for-HBO movie entitled "Fatherland" starring Rutger Hauer.

http://us.imdb.com/Details?0109779

I have a vague recollection of seeing this film, and I remember being somewhat disappointed with it, believing the book to be much better. Who hasn't heard that one before? [​IMG] Still, I'd be willing to purchase it in order to watch it again to see if my opinion has changed.

Anyone, anyone? [​IMG]

Thanks.

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

An interestingly done made-for-HBO drama, well-acted and a certainly plausible-seeming "alternative-history" tale. As for its availability on DVD, I have heard nothing.

3. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I agree that the book was much better than the movie, but I enjoyed the movie. I am really entrigued by what if scenarios.

4. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

I want it 'cause of Miranda Richardson and Rutger Hauer, the excellent plot is just a bonus, I was looking it up recently and there doesn't seem to be a DVD in any major country that I could find.

5. Malcolm Cleugh

Malcolm Cleugh Second Unit

Agree with the comments above I think the book is superb. Film is okay given it was a made for TV effort.

In the UK all we have is the VHS which I got when it first came out many years ago, its now OOP. No sign of a DVD from Warner even though English author.