Father Ted-Season 3....any news???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Meskell, Jun 24, 2002.

1. Steve Meskell

Steve Meskell Second Unit

Anybody hear any news about a release date??
    I hope they include the one hour X-mas special on it.

2. Paul Boyle

Paul Boyle Stunt Coordinator

Steve - Dont get your hopes up as the R2 version of Series Three doesn't include the Christmas Special (feck!)
    Mind you it is still a great Series which includes the infamous Speed III & Kicking Bishop Brennan Up The Arse episodes ...
    Paul [​IMG]

3. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Second Unit

Sean Aaron
    The Xmas episode was on the R2 Series 2 Disc 1 -- unless there was a second Xmas episode I'm unaware of.

Oh, and I've had series three for several weeks now ;P.

4. BrianB

BrianB Producer

5. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

9/17 for Father Ted: A Christmassy Ted!

No details or box art yet; sorry!

6. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

That's great news R1 is getting the Xmas episode. I'm waiting to see how series 3 is handled and when it is put out before deciding if I should go for the R1 or R2 releases. The fact all of season 2 is on R1 as a single two disc release appeals to me more than the split disc releases done here.

"Have you met Val Kilmer? I hear he's a COMPLETE bastard..."

Dan

7. JerryB

JerryB Extra

I love this show and eagerly await the 3rd series. My question is does the R2 second series include commentaries on both DVDs? The R1 has commentary on the first, but I thought I read that the R2 second DVD has commentary by Ardal O'Hanlon and writer Graham Linehan. If so, this kinda blows for us in R1. Oh well.

8. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

9. JerryB

JerryB Extra

The R1 first series has no commentaries. I enjoyed the commentary on the first 2nd series disc(R1). Too bad the 3rd series has no extras. I guess at the end of the day all that matters is the show. And what a great show it is.

10. Steve Meskell

Any new news on this title????

11. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Well, Steve...I hate to disappoint you, but:
    The 9/17 release looks like it will be VHS only. [​IMG]
    I had seen a press release back on June 4th-ish that indicated that the VHS of this was coming.
    Not but a couple of weeks after, when Warner listed this title among publicity materials, they listed a DVD but not a VHS. I thought that was strange, but decided the press release was a mistake and simply said the wrong thing.
    It was based on that in which I made my June 24th post to this thread (see above).
    But there wasn't much info there in WB's materials...just kind of a "placeholder". Not unusual for them, esp. on BBC titles months in advance, so I didn't fret.
    I kept an eye on this area and on BBCAmerica's website for various things, and I know early on I saw the placeholder THERE for this title, but in all honesty this one slipped off my radar until I saw your new post. I didn't exactly look for or post (here or on TVShowsOnDVD) the details of that release.
    So I just now checked back with WB's materials, and they now had changed the listing from DVD to VHS...some time back, apparently.
    Checking the BBCAmerica site shows us this. If you check, you'll see that it says DVD, but the box shown is clearly a VHS configuration:
    [​IMG]
    In fact, that's the exact same VHS box art shown in WB's stuff now. Same box shown from that same angel, plus in a straight-on angle.
    So it looks like it never was a DVD, and that I was wrong for supposing the original press release was in error. I apologize for getting your hopes up there.
    The VHS does hit the streets on 9/17, and does include the Christmas Special. I'm sure you all can convince WB and the BBC that there needs to be a DVD version of this, and I'm sure it will come in time. But if you can stand the ancient analog media format, you CAN have this episode this holiday season.
    I'm sorry it's not in our favorite format, though. [​IMG]

12. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Second Unit

Sean Aaron
    I seem to recall all the episodes in Series 2 having commentary on the R2 release, but I may have a bad memory. There are definitely NO commentaries on the Series 3 disc which I found a bit disappointing as there some excellent episodes that were deserving of commentary.

13. Steve Meskell

When is WB going to announce a release date for R1????
    Feck....I'm sick of watching this season on vhs[​IMG]