What's new

Father of XBox leaves Microsoft (1 Viewer)

Jason Handy

Second Unit
Wait 'til the fanboys get their teeth into this one... :rolleyes
Anybody want to venture a guess as to what Blakley is gonna do with this new business venture?
Jason

Oscar_R

Second Unit
it seems to be a fine tradition at video game companies for this to happen within a year of a consoles release. Anyone remember Bernie Stolar at Sega?

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
Fanboy or not, I don't know how anyone could put a positive spin on this. It suggests a severe lack of internal confidence about the X-box's future. Sure, the console has taken a royal thumping overseas, but there's a number of interesting titles in development that may reverse the situation.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Its sad news as Mr. Blackely always seemed a very positive person when I read his interviews. I wish him luck in his future ventures whatever they may be.
As for the fanboys. Ken Lobb was a significant figure at Nintendo. When he left for Microsoft land I remember reading various forums proclaiming everything from the Gamecube going bye bye to interest in the Cube waning because of Lobb's departure. BAH! HOGWASH! Same thing will happen with this situation. I honestly don't care what the supposed "fanboys" think. Anyone who really has a vested interest in seeing any gaming machine die can for lack of a better phrase "Kiss my ARSE".
"How do you like dem apples?" -Good Will hunting :D

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
BrianB,
:emoji_thumbsup: ;) :emoji_thumbsup:
That was funny. I was about to write something similar (although not that clever.)
Don't get me wrong, I love my Xbox, and I believe Mr.Blackley is probably a very competent guy. I just remember shelling out $50 for Trespasser back in the day. . .
Talk about a development team that couldn't see the forest for the trees. "State-of-the-art physics!" they said. They left out the fact that it was coupled to one of the worst engines EVER and mind-numbingly boring gameplay.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
To be honest, this is hardly /that/ big a deal, especially since I expect his new venture will be a software house dedicated to XBox games.

Jason_H

Second Unit
Wouldn't this be the RIGHT time for him to leave? I mean, he already did what he intended to do...oversaw the creation and design of the X-Box console. It's done, dusted, and on the shelves. Maybe he's just bored now and ready to move on to something more exciting...

Gary King

Second Unit
Gary, could you elaborate on that? You've made me curious...
Nope, I don't know specific details, and I can't say what I do know.

However, you don't need to worry about this being a Japanese-esque case where the father of the Xbox is resigning in disgrace.

BrianB -- clever.

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
BrianB,
:emoji_thumbsup: ;) :emoji_thumbsup:
That was funny. I was about to write something similar (although not that clever.)
Don't get me wrong, I love my Xbox, and I believe Mr.Blackley is probably a very competent guy. I just remember shelling out $50 for Trespasser back in the day. . .
Talk about a development team that couldn't see the forest for the trees. "State-of-the-art physics!" they said. They left out the fact that it was coupled to one of the worst engines EVER and mind-numbingly boring gameplay.

Gary King

Second Unit
Well, apparently Seamus decided to discuss his future plans today on Gamespot.

He's creating a new game house for Xbox games.

paul h

Supporting Actor
Looks like he got what he wanted, plenty of publicity.

Let's hope he does come up with some good games.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks