What's new

Father of Invention: Aaron Sorkin's next movie (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
From Variety:

Oh man oh man oh man! You know the excitement and anticipation and thrill fans felt when the prequel Star Wars trilogy or the LOTR trilogy was announced? Yeah, it's like that for me right now. Even though I haven't even seen the entire first four season of The West Wing and can say without hesitating that it is without a doubt my favorite television shows ever and without a doubt one of the greatest television shows ever made. Same goes for Sports Night. For five years (I'm counting SN's 1st Season) Aaron Sorkin and Tommy Schlamme were the most brilliantly creative minds in television.

Aaron Sorkin is one of the most brilliant writers ever to grace these ears. And Tommy Schlamme...If you haven't seen this guy move a camera you haven't seen Shakespeare the way it's meant to be done. I don't care if it is his first feature film since "So I Married an Ax Murderer" he is going to rock. This made my day.

Movies and television are slowly but surely becoming a creative wasteland. I have nothing to look forward to after Kill Bill and my favorite show on television right now is Alias. And after this one, I can't wait for Sorkin's next television show. It's planned to be a behind the scenes type thing about a sketch comedy show doing to Saturday Night Live what SN did to Sports Center.

You live your life, and every now and then a miracle comes along. I'm pretty pumped up about this movie by the way.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Whoops. In all my excitement I messed up the title of the thread thinking the movie was called father of invention when it is in fact called "The Farnsworth Invention". Just kidding. Mods, you wanna help a brother out?

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i recall the Farnsworth subject was touched on itself in SportsNight... the scene where Will Macy's character walks the network execs to the elevator, i remember he was talking about somebody that invented/perfected the flashtube or something that eventually was used for TV.... i'll have to rewatch it...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks