fate of 'Atlantis' direct-to-video sequel, ride, tv show...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael St. Clair, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Michael St. Clair

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/newartic...gles/gabam.htm
    The whole article is a very interesting read, especially the part about the ride. Basically, a lot of destruction has been left in the wake of the Disney flick's poor box office.
    It looks like as far as the direct-to-video sequel goes, the real one has been scrapped, and the first 3 episodes of the (also canned) tv series will be packaged as a DTV sequel (complete with giant plot hole due to the real sequel being dropped). So, the sequel will likely have inferior (even for typical Disney DTV) animation and not make a lot of sense!

2. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Interesting article, though I don't feel too bad for the Mouse House. Maybe they should stop 'pre-planning' the inevitable DTV sequels and spinoff shows - and concentrate on just making one good movie at a time.

3. Michael St. Clair

Scott,
    I never feel bad for the Mouse House, and one of my best friends is an architect/planner for them. [​IMG]

4. Michael St. Clair

5. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

http://www.jimhillmedia.com so that is where he went , I like his writing and tried to follow him but over the last couple of years he seems to have written for at least 5 different websites and it was easy to lose him, oddly each current website didn't have a forwarding address. [​IMG]

6. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

He still does occasional news reports to AICN, but he's not really a regular there.

It is nice Jim has a site to himself now. He was the best thing about MousePlanet before he was kicked out. I've found his behind-the-scenes stories a great insight to how the House of Mouse works. Sometimes, it is damn frustrating and sad to see how badly mismanaged it is.

Jason

PS - I find it ironic that Disney is putting out a Country Bears movie, when they are phasing that attraction out at Disneyland...

7. Michael St. Clair

8. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I already have the Atlantis TV series on DVD
    It's called Fushigi no Umi Nadia (Nadia: Secret of Blue Water)
    [​IMG]

9. Michael Caicedo

Michael Caicedo Second Unit

Michael Caicedo