Fatal Frame

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jordan_E, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

Anyone else play this yet? I'm enjoying it. Creepy, especially when the ghosts rush at you when attacking. I'm at the "5 buddahs" section now, if someone wants to help me a bit [​IMG]

2. JoshF

JoshF Supporting Actor

Got it last week but have only played maybe an hour of it. I'm too much of a wuss to play it by myself and my girlfriend never wants to play. Hehe.

3. Randy T

Randy T Auditioning

Jordan, do you need help finding the fifth buddah?

I'm a little past that point and really enjoying this game.

I'd rate it higher than Silent Hill 2 on the creepy/spooky meter. I've been playing it at night with the lights out and the stereo cranked and the atmosphere really gets to me after awhile. I like that it doesn't rely on blood and gore to frighten, just good old-fashioned ghosts.

4. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

I figured out that part. So easy I kicked myself, but the atmosphere of the game is really creeping me out! Fun! I find myself jumping at a damn shadow once in awhile!

5. Jay Rodriguez

Jay Rodriguez Stunt Coordinator

I'm quite the fan of the horror video game genre, with Silent Hill being my favorite. I bought this game solely on player reviews. Everyone seems to like it. I haven't played it yet, but I'm sure it's good.

6. Oscar_R

Oscar_R Second Unit

so is this game a worthwhile purchase or is it a 10 hour rental? I saw it at EB about a week ago and was really interested by the cover art and purty graphics.

7. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

I'll let you know in about 2 more days (when the rental is over), but I'm seriously considering getting this game. I want to know if there are multiple endings, the game being so new it's hard to find info on it. For those playing this game..... My eyes . . . my eyes . . .

8. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    I'm stuck at what I think is the first puzzlein the game.
    The door at the bottom of the stairs with the Japanese characters on them. I have to enter 4 of them, but I'm just too lazy to try and figure it it out.
    A little help maybe???[​IMG]

9. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

You have to find a piece of tile (?) first and then you can work the puzzle, which is relatively easy. I don't remember where the tile is, but it's there in the house somewhere. I have gotten to the point where I don't have enough film to continue and need to restart. Bummer.

10. JoshF

JoshF Supporting Actor

Jordan: You don't need to restart. You can get film at any save point. Just select "film" and you'll get another roll.

11. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

Holy cow! That's what I get for not reading the instructions before playing!!! Thanks!