What's new

Pre-Order Fatal Attraction (1987) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
7175Is3jsqL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Why another release?

It's already available, Paramount made it their first release in their ongoing Paramount Presents line.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Why another release?

It's already available, Paramount made it their first release in their ongoing Paramount Presents line.

My memory is short with all their releases. Was this originally a Blu-ray release or 4k? If it was 4k I'll remove this preorder.

DarkVader

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
Shameless, greedy money grab. They could have easily released this 4K under their Paramount Presents banner like they did for "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance".

I wouldn't be surprised if more of their "Presents" titles get separate 4K releases as well.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
My memory is short with all their releases. Was this originally a Blu-ray release or 4k? If it was 4k I'll remove this preorder.
This release was NOT 4K! It was mastered in 4K resolution and dummed down to 1080p for the Paramount Presents Blu-ray. I think it silly for the mountain to begin re-releasing Paramount Presents... discs from barely a year and a half ago, now in native 4K when sooooo much of their library still remains MIA in any format other than DVD!

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
This release was NOT 4K! It was mastered in 4K resolution and dummed down to 1080p for the Paramount Presents Blu-ray. I think it silly for the mountain to begin re-releasing Paramount Presents... discs from barely a year and a half ago, now in native 4K when sooooo much of their library still remains MIA in any format other than DVD!
The 4K mastering is already done, prior to the blu-ray release. If there was no financial gain to releasing 4K UHDs a short while after a blu-ray release from the same master, then Kino Lorber would not be publishing 4K UHDs that have recently been released by Criterion as blu-rays and Arrow Video would not be releasing 4K UHDs of recently released blu-rays. Nobody is forced to buy a disc. If the 4K UHD catalogue titles sell well, then Paramount will release more of them.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
The 4K mastering is already done, prior to the blu-ray release. If there was no financial gain to releasing 4K UHDs a short while after a blu-ray release from the same master, then Kino Lorber would not be publishing 4K UHDs that have recently been released by Criterion as blu-rays and Arrow Video would not be releasing 4K UHDs of recently released blu-rays. Nobody is forced to buy a disc. If the 4K UHD catalogue titles sell well, then Paramount will release more of them.
Well, hopefully this 4K remaster rectifies the loss of extra features from the Paramount Presents disc, but present on the original release of Fatal Attraction on Blu-ray in 2014.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I already have the remastered blu-ray and the 4K digital. That'll do.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
FYI: It's not advertised on the packaging, which just says "4K Ultra HD + Digital" and doesn't indicate any bonus features are included, but the UHD disc also comes with a copy of the Paramount Presents blu-ray disc.

Or at least the one I received did.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
FYI: It's not advertised on the packaging, which just says "4K Ultra HD + Digital" and doesn't indicate any bonus features are included, but the UHD disc also comes with a copy of the Paramount Presents blu-ray disc.

Interested that some Paramount UHD releases have a BluRay included, while others under the Paramount banner don’t
have a BluRay. Kind of hoping the upcoming Pulp Fiction UHD has a BluRay included, so I can pass it along to my friend, who’s a huge fan of the film.

Last edited:

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
FYI: It's not advertised on the packaging, which just says "4K Ultra HD + Digital" and doesn't indicate any bonus features are included, but the UHD disc also comes with a copy of the Paramount Presents Blu-ray disc.

I can confirm that's the case here, as the copy I picked up from my local Best Buy today did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks