Fat Actress - Kirstie Alley on SHO

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by chuck_b, Mar 8, 2005.

1. chuck_b

chuck_b Supporting Actor

Got a quick look last night at the new series...looked very funny and definitely off the beaten path. Reminded me of Curb Your Enthusiasm, which is a good thing!

Let's see how it plays out....good so far.

2. Rocky F

Rocky F Second Unit

It had a few funny moments, but I wasn't really impressed. My wife said it was like watching a train wreck, when she was in the meeting with Jeff Zucker. It's not really a matter of choice for us, we only watched it because of the free Showtime preview weekend. It definately wasn't enought to make us decide to subscribe.

3. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

I thought it was funny. It has potential. I'll wait for DVD to see the other 6 episodes.

I hope it gets her back on track with her life though. I know it's been hard for her. It really is ridiculous how horrible the standards for women are in television and film.

4. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

Very, very, very lame rip-off of "Curb Your Enthusiasm".

Showtime's done a fairly good job copying the HBO template for a number of shows, but this one is so bad it's almost embarrassing. Ugh! Blecch! The horror of strained attempts at cleverness! [​IMG]

5. Dax P

Dax P Stunt Coordinator

Less than a 'one-joke' comedy, it's kinda 'no joke'.

Watched all of the pilot (curious, liked Alley on Cheers), but got VERY bored very fast...

Smiled at the start, with her crying on the floor into her phone after an offer from Jenny Craig... but then...

Worse than an overweight comedian who structures most of his or her act around the subject of their weight... it's Curb Your Enthusiasm without any wit... every other line or so is just a variation on 'Man, is she FAT'... 'she's HUGE'... 'whoa, she's big'... 'she looks like a blimp'... I got it. I noticed.

It's nice that she's got a sense of humor about herself, and was able to turn her... 'misfortune' into a project, but it's a lousy project... there's something very strange about seeing her (co-) write SO many repetitive insults about herself... strange, but not funny. Comes off more mean-spirited than the tabloids tracking her weight gain.

6. John_Lee

John_Lee Supporting Actor

Discovered there even was a free preview weekend Sunday night, between Deadwood and Carnivale. Kinda wasted on me.

7. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

exactly.

plus, i soured on her long ago when she worked at cheers.

i was working at paramount during that time, and as she started gaining weight, she restricted all access to the stage when she was on-set ... just because she was getting chunky. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Producer
    Supporter

I wanted to love this show so badly, and I was bored...